Talk

Advanced search

To love talc

(43 Posts)
smeggyholds Tue 12-Jun-18 18:27:35

Since I had my new baby I can't get enough of using talc all over myself grin

The belly over-hang, the under-boob, the arm-pit.... even the hair wink

It's wonderful stuff, under rated for sure!!!

The80sweregreat Tue 12-Jun-18 18:28:57

It’s great for getting you dry quickly and smells lovely.

Neverender Tue 12-Jun-18 18:30:47

God no! Hate the stuff!

treeofhearts Tue 12-Jun-18 18:30:54

I adore talc. Works wonders between the thighs for chub rub too.

SabineUndine Tue 12-Jun-18 18:34:45

Great until you have to clean it up . . .

smeggyholds Tue 12-Jun-18 18:34:54

Tree yes!!! Under carriage sweat all gone!!

doesmyheadin Tue 12-Jun-18 18:35:48

Apparently women who apply it in the general area have a greater risk of ovarian cancer. That scares me!

doesmyheadin Tue 12-Jun-18 18:36:05

Genital not general.

Wolfiefan Tue 12-Jun-18 18:44:52

No. Never use the stuff. Would never use it around the genitals as a woman.
And it doesn't get rid of sweat. Just soaks it up into a chalky sweaty mess. Gross.

BaldricksTrousers Tue 12-Jun-18 18:47:34

I work as a carer and the ladies at my home are covered in the stuff. It stinks (not a bad stink but not to my taste) and gets in my nasal passages like nobody's business. Also long term exposure causes cancer. YABU.

isthissummer Tue 12-Jun-18 18:50:28

It isnt good for your health.
A lot of it comes from mines controlled by groups such as Isis and the taliban. I read an article that compared it to conflict diamonds but said as it wasn't sexy it didn't get the exposure.

thenightsky Tue 12-Jun-18 18:52:27

I like it too... especially in my shoes in the summer.

I used to be able to buy a version made of cornflower, which was safer than actual talc, but it appears to have been taken off the market. I've had to go back to normal talc.

WinkysTeatowel Tue 12-Jun-18 18:55:39

I use the Femfresh one for my shoes, it's cornflour rather than real talc. I wouldn't use real talc and especially not on a baby due to the health risk

Hotdogjumpingfrogs Tue 12-Jun-18 18:56:30

Apparently talc contains traces of aspestos because it is often present in the mines alongside talc.

Women have had cancers removed from their ovarys that contained talc. A man successfully sued because he got lung cancer from talc. I think there have been a few similar court cases.

Jellylover Tue 12-Jun-18 18:59:30

Try silky underwear by Lush. It's made of cornstarch and is lovely.

Medea13 Tue 12-Jun-18 19:12:52

yeah, don't use it on your bits -- it has been linked to ovarian cancer

www.nhs.uk/news/cancer/talc-and-ovarian-cancer-what-the-most-recent-evidence-shows/

Mousefunky Tue 12-Jun-18 19:15:12

It causes cancer.

TheQueenSnortsAvocados Tue 12-Jun-18 19:17:09

Not sure that "linked with" and "causes" are quite the same thing...

Rocinante1 Tue 12-Jun-18 19:21:10

You said you’ve been using it since you had your new baby... does that mean you bought t to use in you baby and also use it on yourself?

It’s really not safe for babies. Causes all kinds of lung problems, people just didn’t know that back when it was popular. But now we do so... why are you taking the risk?

Notcontent Tue 12-Jun-18 19:46:03

It’s not safe for anyone. Not only is there a risk from using it near your genital area, but every time you use it you are also breathing it in, which is really bad... horrible stuff.

LiteraryDevil1 Tue 12-Jun-18 20:28:11

Excellent for getting sand off skin on the beach but is a general no health wise.

StopMakingItDifficult Tue 12-Jun-18 20:30:15

I didn’t think baby powder contained actual talc anymore? Or is the grown up stuff still made wit talc? I use something I got from America called Anti Monkey Butt and I love it.

Lilacwine1 Tue 12-Jun-18 20:41:47

I adore talc, especially Boots baby talc, smells even better than Johnson's.

SharronNeedles Tue 12-Jun-18 20:43:41

It's a must have for the beach. Got sandy feet? Bit of talk and boom!!

smeggyholds Wed 13-Jun-18 00:29:16

No I've never used it on the baby (now 22 months) it's was in one of those baby pack things someone hit me and had been untouched in the bathroom for the last 21 months until my batiste ran out smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: