Talk

Advanced search

To feel sorry for myself?

(10 Posts)
Sparklyshoes16 Tue 12-Jun-18 00:54:51

Had a rubbish weekend for various reasons and to top it all off I've been admitted to Hospital tonight with a Kidney infection confused feel completely fed up and want to go away to somewhere like Hawaii and not come back!

On the subject of hospitals...the ridiculousness I have seen tonight in A&E is unbelievable! People coming in for coughs and colds, letting their children run riot in and out of Triage areas, people urinating in the corner outside, drunks, people shouting at A&E staff hmmand this is 3pm on a Mon!! Would hate to see it at 10pm on a weekend! Nurses should get paid a minimum of £40,000 a year for all the crap they put up with after what I've seen today!!

Up at this time as the woman in the bed next to me is talking in her sleep very loudly, I would give my right arm for a private room to get a few hours kip!

TheOriginalEmu Tue 12-Jun-18 00:56:32

ah you poor thing. sleeping in hospitals is neigh on impossible i find. unless it involves a lot of drugs. call a nurse and ask for a sleeping pill maybe.
yanbu about a&e.

Sparklyshoes16 Tue 12-Jun-18 01:03:41

Ooh good idea I didn't think of that...I'll ask her in abit...I feel so sorry for them there's only one on this ward and she's looking after baysconfused she looks exhausted and she's only young too!

Sparklyshoes16 Tue 12-Jun-18 01:04:14

Four bays that should have said.

chocolateworshipper Tue 12-Jun-18 06:06:18

I wish you a speedy recovery OP. And yes - nurses are absolute heroes.

TheOriginalEmu Tue 12-Jun-18 06:35:56

I hope you got some rest OP. its a hard slog for nurses for sure!

Sparklyshoes16 Tue 12-Jun-18 08:00:09

Well it seemed all those years of brownies and guides paid off! I had some ear plugs in my hand bag from DH Work when I went to meet him on site last week! I've never been so relieved to find ear plugs!!

Managed to get a few hours kip...it's been eventful though luckily I'm on a bat with all women but the next bay is mixed...an old man got up in the middle of the night and stood naked in the middle of the bag and was shouting...then a woman was shouting and telling staff to fuck off...then people chatting away on phones...bleeping sounds coming from every area possible! Been woken up at 4am to be asked if I've got any pain? Listening to some sister bollocking a student nurse...madness confused

Sparklyshoes16 Tue 12-Jun-18 08:00:35

Thanks for the well wishes x

TheOriginalEmu Wed 13-Jun-18 12:00:13

how are you now sparkly? i feel your pain on the noise in hospitals. one time i was in with a catheter and drip and so i coudln't get up and an old lady with dementia on my ward was wandering about in the night clearly distressed it was awful not bein able to do anything. i was glad to get home just to get some decent rest!

Sparklyshoes16 Wed 13-Jun-18 13:44:10

Feeling a little better thanks, very grateful for IV anti-biotics...it saddens me to see so many people ill, particularly women...my Consultant said that women are more susceptible to kidney infections & UTI's! I'd have thought by now they would have found a better way than contracting it, treating with anti-biotics for it to happen again cycle ah well hopefully I'll be released later...waiting for the doctor to do their rounds!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: