Talk

Advanced search

How can I earn £2500 from scratch in 6 weeks?

(102 Posts)
SuperSkint Thu 07-Jun-18 19:28:01

I have name-changed and am posting here for traffic - I need to find £2500 by mid-July and am looking for ideas please! (I need to earn it, not get a loan)

I have plenty of spare time but a new job probably wouldn't pay out in time for my deadline so I'm exploring other options.

So far I've started ebaying everything I can think of but I only have average old stuff so it won't bring much.

I've thought of delivering pizzas (I have a car) but it needs to be something where I will actually have the money quickly.

I'm hoping all you mumsnetters with far more imagination than I have can help! I'm obviously happy to put in the hours.

MoreCheerfulMonica Thu 07-Jun-18 20:11:19

Are there any foreign language colleges nearby? They pay quite well for student accommodation.

Hamiltoes Thu 07-Jun-18 20:11:21

Sendin I work full time, am a single mum to two kids and I started my own business so it was really down to time factor, plus the best offers are for newbie sign ups... the more you do it the harder it becomes as once you've worked your way through the sign ups you're dependent on big events like cheltenham for example, or reload offers or doing accumulators which take considerably more effort and maths and setting alarms on your phone to lay each bet off when the previous game finishes.

It's definitely not a "make a million" overnight scheme but it did go towards a nice holiday and if you're looking to make a bit of money short term fairly quickly then it's definitely worth researching. There is nothing pyramidy about it.

MyDcAreMarvel Thu 07-Jun-18 20:13:16

Matched betting is not gambling.

Mawalls Thu 07-Jun-18 20:14:03

matched betting is betting both ways

game is england vs scotlanbd

you put 10 on england with sky bets

you put 10 on scotland with betfred

either way you win but lose small amount 0.91 on commission

but get an introductory offer- such as bet 10 get 10 free

you can then choose to risk it all and bet on wales vs ireland or spread again betting 10 with betfre for wales and 10 for ireland with sky bets
however you make less this way

Hamiltoes Thu 07-Jun-18 20:17:16

Mawalls sorry but that's incorrect.

If you did that then you would lose on the draw.

Matched betting is betting on an outcome and then laying off the bet on the same outcome via a special exchange website like Betfair or Smarkets. You might already know all this but if a newbie were to follow your advice they'd lose money pretty quickly.....

duffeldaisy Thu 07-Jun-18 20:25:21

Speaking as someone with a close family member who worked briefly in the gambling industry, my advice is definitely do not try to make money through gambling, no matter how straightforward or foolproof it may be sold to you.

Beyondourmeans Thu 07-Jun-18 20:31:03

Just to say I concur about matched betting - if you follow the instructions there is no risk.
However it's easy enough to make the first £500-1000 but I think it's not really sustainable very easily. I have exhausted most of the new customer sign up offers so it's much harder now to get the free bet deals.

NettleTea Thu 07-Jun-18 20:31:29

I am just tipping into £3K profit from matched betting - started Jan 20th and had a month out.

NotSuchASmugMarriedNow1 Thu 07-Jun-18 20:31:53

Work 50-60 hours per week in retail or hospitality and you will earn that much.

Mawalls Thu 07-Jun-18 20:32:28

I do know this but as a first explanation i dont find ti helpful

matched betting can also be over/under/ goals/ difference or anything really then yo have arbing and accas- all a bit intimidating

Beyondourmeans Thu 07-Jun-18 20:33:26

Is your area desirable? Can you do air b&b even offering whole house while you stay with friends?

NettleTea Thu 07-Jun-18 20:33:56

Ive not done any new startups since month 1, and still have a fair number still to do
however I agree that there will no doubt be a time when I will have taken all I can from it and the weekly profits will probably dry up a fair bit. I think they estimate 18-30 months max, so Im making what I can while I can

Mawalls Thu 07-Jun-18 20:34:07

beyondourmeans

Do you do all the weeklies and accas?

Grandmaswagsbag Thu 07-Jun-18 20:34:22

Ha I misunderstood the title of thread and thought you were asking how you can earn 2500 from scratch cards in 6 weeks grin

sleepingdragons Thu 07-Jun-18 20:34:29

Matched betting is NOT gambling.

It's exploiting the gambling company's introductory offers.

Arsenal vs Tottenham playing

Betting website A offers £20 free bet when you sign up. You bet on Arsenal.

Then you go to betting website B and place bet on Tottenham.

You literally can't lose. (It's slightly more complicated as you need to make sure the odds are worth it and you need to take account of a draw, but this is the basic premise).

You can do it as long as you can find offers to exploit. If there are no offers, you can't do it.

It's not a betting system, it's making money out of introductory offers.

sleepingdragons Thu 07-Jun-18 20:35:32

Stocks and shares on the other hand, ARE gambling.

AskAuntLydia Thu 07-Jun-18 20:35:56

Local authorities are usually looking for temps for about 6-8 weeks at this time of year because they are arranging school places, school transport, countryside events etc.

They pay just above minimum wage, so just about that £2500 if you do enough hours.

ColdFeetAndHotCakes Thu 07-Jun-18 20:37:21

Lots of fast food work is paid weekly, so depending on the pizza place you may actually see the cash pretty soon from delivering pizza, although it's not the most lucrative way to make money as most places only pay NMW

ThroughThickAndThin01 Thu 07-Jun-18 20:39:26

Shame about deliveroo, my ds has just made a small fortune doing it as a student.

NettleTea Thu 07-Jun-18 20:40:32

Team profit and Oddsmonkey are the two sites for getting started in match betting. Team profit will handhold you through it all step by step, but oddsmonkey has the fancy calculators

AnnieAnoniMouser Thu 07-Jun-18 20:42:36

Do you have any skills to do temp office work? It can be a quick start & can pay weekly.

I’d loathe & detest it myself, but ...ironing?

Try childcare.co.uk. Lots of people looking for childcare, quite a few who are happy with unqualified people if they have experience.

RocknRolla Thu 07-Jun-18 20:43:09

Try the teamprofit website for more info on matched betting. I started off in January and have made £4500 since starting. As long as you check the odds and lay properly there is money to be made in it. It isn’t gambling as there is no risk in it. For example you bet one team e.g England to win with the bookies and in the exchange you say they won’t win. As long as the odds aren’t to far apart you will make a profit on it.

ThroughThickAndThin01 Thu 07-Jun-18 20:43:56

I made money at home by taking in ironing, I didn’t make a huge amount of money, but it was very easy work.

Faez Thu 07-Jun-18 20:44:37

Flu Camp

hollytom Thu 07-Jun-18 20:49:01

Matched betting is NOT gambling I have been doing it over 2 years and I certainly do not gamble. Now would be an excellent time to start with the World Cup coming up. It is not a get rich scheme you do have to put time into it and reading and checking what you are doing as the main risk is making a mistake and losing money. I would highly recommend if you do start you need to sign up with a site who have explanations and videos to talk you through it. You will also need a bit of cash to start off.
Matched betting has been excellent for me but i know it’s not for everyone.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: