Talk

Advanced search

Just to warn people ..

(18 Posts)
The80sweregreat Sun 27-May-18 20:26:58

Not a AIBU but eldest has had his wallet stolen at a festival in Hertfordshire today. Cancelled the cards etc and driving licence that are stolen have to be reported to the police which we’ve done.
Please be careful as it’s festival season now and I’d hate this to happen to anyone else!
Its a faff getting things replaced.

Awwlookatmybabyspider Sun 27-May-18 20:38:02

Oh no. The fucking utter cunts. Hope karma gets them good and proper.

PositiveVibez Sun 27-May-18 20:41:01

There are shit heads who go to these festivals, just to loot. Bastards.

The80sweregreat Sun 27-May-18 20:44:05

Thank you! That’s how I feel.
He had a ‘man bag’ but must have been distracted!
The police were good on the phone although they questioned why his mum was calling them - because his in a field with limited mobile / internet access etca d we needed to act quickly! Lol. They were nice though

Lifeaback Sun 27-May-18 20:51:21

Sorry to hear that. It’s awful that there are always a few unsavoury types who ruin festivals/events with stuff like this.

On a positive note- your DS has learnt a life lesson much earlier than many of his peers will about being mindful in crowds. When I was 18 I was pick-pocketed in Barcelona and it has stuck with me ever since- to this day i’ve never had anything stolen and am always weary when in busy places

Such a faff getting stuff replaced, did he have any cash stolen?

The80sweregreat Sun 27-May-18 20:55:19

Life - about 20 so not too bad. I was more worried about his licence as he drives for his job! Another 20 to get that replaced!
I’ve told him enough times about being careful at this type of events etc. Annoying though.

Mia184 Sun 27-May-18 20:55:41

My brother was at a festival two years ago where things got stolen. One of the thieves got caught by some festival visitors and put head first into one of the portable loos there. I cannot imagine a worse punishment grin

The80sweregreat Sun 27-May-18 21:00:16

Mia! Ha ha! That is karma!

I bought him a new wallet at Xmas too!

Why do people have to spoil things?
Thank you for responding everyone.

CluedoAddict Sun 27-May-18 21:10:11

My friend had her bag sliced open with a knife. She didn't feel a thing.

VeganCow Sun 27-May-18 21:13:23

oh no what festival was this?

The80sweregreat Sun 27-May-18 21:14:31

Vegan - ‘slam dunk ‘in herts.
Just a day one. First one his been to!

VeganCow Sun 27-May-18 21:15:36

You're going to say Slam Dunk arent you, my son is there. How worrying and hope your son is ok

VeganCow Sun 27-May-18 21:16:25

cross post. My son has travelled 180 miles to go there today, his first too

The80sweregreat Sun 27-May-18 21:19:18

I’m sure they will be ok! I just wanted to warn people.
He is home later on. Just a pain having to cancel things etc.
I am vigilant myself, but when your young you think the best of people!

HunterHearstHelmsley Sun 27-May-18 21:20:49

Oh God, I don't miss those festival days of hiding cards in wellies and sleeping with my bag underneath me, inside my sleeping back. I did once lose my phone though and someone handed it in at the bar.

Don't get why people have to be such gits.

The80sweregreat Sun 27-May-18 21:21:11

He is going to go to another one in July up north, I’m sure he will be much more more vigilant at that one I hope!

VeganCow Sun 27-May-18 21:21:27

I told mine to be careful, I said you wont feel anyone going in your bag when bodies are pressed together but when you are watching music thats when these thieves strike. I was pickpocketed when I was 15 and felt nothing

The80sweregreat Sun 27-May-18 21:24:16

Isn’t it awful that people can do this when your just having fun and letting your hair down!
It’s a lesson but still horrible.
Stay safe.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: