Talk

Advanced search

Skydiving

(16 Posts)
Keyonce Sun 27-May-18 15:47:07

Just that really, anyone done it? I want to do it once my divorce comes through, but I'm scared as fuck and I hate heights.

ShweShwe Sun 27-May-18 15:48:46

Scared as fuck and hate heights? Not sure this sounds like it’s for you 😂

PurplePotatoes Sun 27-May-18 15:48:58

Yes I did it when backpacking in Australia. It was a 14,000ft jump from Mission Beach over the Great Barrier Reef. Absolutely amazing I loved it and so did everyone else who did it. I look back now and can't quite believe I did it though!

Keyonce Sun 27-May-18 15:50:58

I know Shwe, but I want to push myself out of my comfort zone and try new things.

And sort of to say "new life, new me".

Keyonce Sun 27-May-18 15:52:12

Wow that's amazing purple, did you get a picture/video?

specialsubject Sun 27-May-18 16:13:54

instead of a short and terrifying one off, learn some new skills, a new sport, do some volunteering etc etc.etc.

araiwa Sun 27-May-18 16:16:52

Its great

Foslady Sun 27-May-18 16:21:42

Why not try a practice run in a wind tunnel? I did that in America but there’s a couple in the UK - great fun (and you can often get wowcher deals)

PavoReal Sun 27-May-18 16:25:08

Pretty much ditto purple. Did a 14k in Australia near Cairns. Once you're out of the plane it is an incredible feeling, such a rush. Give a thought to your knees though, if you have shit ones. The landing is like jumping off a 4 foot wall.

PurplePotatoes Sun 27-May-18 18:09:08

Yes we got a video and some pics. I showed it to my 4yr old DD the other day she thought it was brilliant. It is an amazing rush and I just wanted to get straight back up and do it again! Don't think I'd dare now though!

MikeUniformMike Sun 27-May-18 18:10:55

I am scared of heights and don't like flying. I did a tandem skydive. It was worth it.

DragonsAndCakes Sun 27-May-18 18:15:01

I’ve thought about doing this. There are a few places that do it:

www.skydivingexperiences.co.uk/indoor-skydiving/

gussiefox Sun 27-May-18 18:23:41

Do it - my OH bought me a skydive for my 50th (note to self, never watch I'm a Celebrity whilst drunk and say "that looks fun"). I was petrified but it is absolutely the best thing I have ever done and if I could have gone to the back of the queue and done it again I most definitely would have grin

LadyGrey66 Sun 27-May-18 18:29:04

Yes and it was incredible - one of the best things I've ever done. I'm scared of heights too, but skydiving is completely different to, for example, standing at the edge of a high building. I would do another one in a heartbeat!

MaryPoppinsPenguins Sun 27-May-18 18:30:41

I’m arranging one right now for a big group for the children’s charity I work for.. at the airfield in Salisbury. If you’re serious I can get you a place grin

LadyGrey66 Sun 27-May-18 18:31:12

Also if it's a tandem dive, your instructor will guide you through it so there's no time to think 'I'm scared'. Before you realise it you're out the plane doors and loving it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: