Talk

Advanced search

Always pads have made me bleed

(159 Posts)
Memetic Sat 26-May-18 22:49:25

I’m itching, swollen and bleeding. I stopped using the perfumed shits as soon as I saw I was shedding skin. My bits feel paper thin and the itching won’t stop unless I smother on vagisil. Why the fuck would they perfume pads?!!!

frasier Sat 26-May-18 22:54:59

For some reason I thought these were banned. confused Obviously not.

Only ever bought one packet by mistake (actually DH got them) and as soon as I opened them my eyes were watering and I was sneezing. I have no idea what they put on them.

Hope you feel better soon.

MapMyMum Sat 26-May-18 22:59:31

Even the ones that are supposedly not perfumed have a smell to them and i cannot use them. I use the Tesco own brand and change them very frequently otherwise I get very sore and blisters down there

Memetic Sat 26-May-18 23:01:08

No they’re not banned unfortunately. This pack seems to have been soaked in the perfume. There’s an incredibly strong smell compared to other times I’ve brought them.

I’m also just getting over another infection and the constant burning is making me feel even more ill.

gamerchick Sat 26-May-18 23:03:30

Sounds like you've got thrush. Supermarket pharmacy in the morning.

twinklefeather Sat 26-May-18 23:04:10

I can’t use always in any variety it gives me nappy rash! Try body form, or lilets towels are brilliant.

MistAmougstElephants Sat 26-May-18 23:04:27

Your poor skin! To save my skin I had to switch to the organic cotton, vegan, perfume free, practically edible, disposable pads.

chaplin1409 Sat 26-May-18 23:05:47

I have always used Always but the last couple of months been having similar problems.

CaptainBrickbeard Sat 26-May-18 23:07:04

I switched to washable pads after encountering a scented Always pad. I bought Always ever since starting my periods twenty years ago. I wouldn’t go near them now! Honestly, reusable pads have changed my life - they are so soft and comfortable and I never have to buy Sanpro again. So I’m kind of grateful to Always for making their products so completely unusable as I’d never have made the switch otherwise.

Doyoumind Sat 26-May-18 23:07:07

I recommend Bepanthen for this kind of thing. I haven't had the reaction you've had as I've fortunately never had perfumed pads, but found it really soothed similar problems.

SecretStash Sat 26-May-18 23:08:20

I’m so sick of pads causing me infection after infection.
I bought washable pads which are so much better.
I did make the mistake of originally getting fleece ones which weren’t any better.
But the cotton ones are great.

Usernameunknown2 Sat 26-May-18 23:09:06

Perfume pads are evil, go knickerless for a while if you can. I used them one and help like id put chilli hands down there.

loulou987 Sat 26-May-18 23:10:05

Try putting Sudocrem on to help heal the skin .... I'm currently sporting armpits doused in said product due to skin burn from deodorant I've had a bad reaction to ... the Sudocrem has stopped the itching thanks

LooksBetterWithAFilter Sat 26-May-18 23:11:03

I can’t use always at all now even non scented ones. I mostly use supermarket own fraction of the price but without the thrush or nappy rash. Lillets (which autocorrected to killers) and body form are good too but prefer the cheapness of supermarkets own.
Second bepanthen. I had a similar reaction although not as severe sounding smothered my nethers in it was such a relief.

Memetic Sat 26-May-18 23:11:32

I stopped using them after 2 days and started using the Always sensitive ones which aren’t perfumed. It’s been a few days now since my period stopped and I’m just swollen and burning.
I’ll go and buy canestan tomorrow.

SimonBridges Sat 26-May-18 23:13:26

I used to get that so I switched to washable pads.
Charlie Banana pads are great.

CoolCarrie Sat 26-May-18 23:13:27

I was just going to say Sudocrem as well, great stuff.

Fluffyears Sat 26-May-18 23:13:52

I used always my whole life until they perfumed the fuckers. Bodyform are great and boots own brands. I pray they don’t get a daft idea to start the perfume idea. I am prone to thrush and scented pads exacerbate this.

GothMummy Sat 26-May-18 23:14:45

Oh dear God they are awful aren't they. I always used them, from the mid 1990s onwards, but in the last few years whatever they make them with changed and they give me horrible reactions. I mostly use washable pads now or buy organic unbleached disposable from the health food store.

Oliphantintheroom Sat 26-May-18 23:15:58

I stopped using pads a while ago for this very reason, but hated wearing tampons at night (and you know sometimes it can get Uncomfortable on a long period)
started buying pads off a company called my Freda, saw them on social media, the pads are great, still as thin as always pads but very soft and scent free, no chemicals etc (they deliver and send this cute little pouch to put your stuff in)
I had a trial pack at first and then they gave me a discount code so I’ve actually not ended up paying that much for them

Auldspinster Sat 26-May-18 23:16:31

Sainsburys own brand are good and I use the kotex maxi pads for heavy days.

Oliphantintheroom Sat 26-May-18 23:16:45

Ps don’t work for them just happy to have found someone who thinks my Fanjo smells fine without a litre of cats piss perfume

CocoAndTheChocolates Sat 26-May-18 23:17:03

If you can bear it I'd sit in a cool bath and if you don't have anything else Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream is great for irritated bitsblush

FermatsTheorem Sat 26-May-18 23:17:07

Always are evil. They made me itch like fuck before I realised what it was doing it.

Frequent washes in luke-warm water with no soap. Cotton knickers (or none).

One of the best uses I ever put my needlework skills to was to buy some big knickers and line the gusset with towel for those last few days of the period when you're just dribbling a tiny bit - not enough to leak through but enough to need a bit of something absorbent. Towel breathes, and doesn't make you itch like fuck, and you can throw it in the washing machine ready for next month - less going to landfill!

UpstartCrow Sat 26-May-18 23:17:33

I wonder if their sales have been affected.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: