Talk

Advanced search

To feel totally mortified - mum found a bag of my sex toys!

(17 Posts)
Jellysandwiches Sat 26-May-18 22:33:13

I’ve just moved back home after years at uni and travelling.

I’ve been slowly unpacking my stuff and in one box I had a bag of sex toys and an unused pregnancy test from a time I had a scare with my ex.

My mum was obviously going through and trying to

Jellysandwiches Sat 26-May-18 22:35:06

Unpack some stuff for me and cane across it. It was in a bag, taped up within another bag, at the bottom of a box!

I am mortified and not sure when it was opened but she hadn’t said anything and I don’t feel I can - I know she was probably trying to help with the unpacking but I feel like my space was invaded at the same time.

Does this remain a great unspoken mortifying story for both of us? I think I have died inside because of it! So cringe!!

SusanneLinder Sat 26-May-18 22:35:36

You've missed half the post out, but I'm sure your mum won't care. You are prob more worried than she is.

didsomeonesaybunny Sat 26-May-18 22:36:08

I feel your pain OP. My mum came up to London to help me unpack my stuff and there was a boat load of sex toys and other mortifying accessories (anal beads, collar you get my drift). I blamed it entirely on my ex ha!

FlibbertyGiblets Sat 26-May-18 22:36:13

Oh well she'll keep her mitts off your clobber in future. Calling it a win, here.

Loopytiles Sat 26-May-18 22:36:39

She probably just won’t go through your stuff again.

ElderflowerWaterIsDelish Sat 26-May-18 22:37:00

You are an adult, your mother knows you are an adult...she's probably more embarrassed than you are...don't mention it, pretend you don know that she found it...

gamerchick Sat 26-May-18 22:37:24

Well she will probably give your stuff a huge swerve from now on grin

Don't worry about it OP. Your mother will understand, I understand your mortification though flowers

CanIBuffalo Sat 26-May-18 22:40:02

Her mind will slide away from it so it never happened.
And it'll be the last time she goes through your stuff.

Randomname234 Sat 26-May-18 22:40:09

My mum decided to help when she was visiting me, by doing a proper clean of my room. I have a wide variety of implements. She said nothing, but my canes and floggers were neatly packed in a nice box, and my ahem silicone friends artfully packed in my wardrobes, as well as some very risque lingerie.

She said nothing, and will never say anything. We somehow survived.

grin

VaggieMight Sat 26-May-18 22:40:23

My grandma found mine when I was in my early 20s, I try not to think about it. As Chandler would click his fingers and say, "that did not just happen".

KlutzyDraconequus Sat 26-May-18 22:42:24

your mum might have a bag of toys of her own.
go take a look.
couple rabbits, big old strap on, womanizer and a few ball gags.

there's a thought for you... enjoy.it... smile

ShatnersBassoon Sat 26-May-18 22:42:30

Well bloody hell, you didn't ask her to snoop through your stuff. If you find a sealed bag in someone's belongings, you don't go unpicking it.

She won't mention it - "I got right to the bottom of your stuff and hadn't found anything interesting, but then I came across the sealed bag inside another bag..."

SalemBlackCat Mon 28-May-18 04:22:11

When I was living with mum and dad after the loss of a job, I got very sick and had to be hospitalised for almost 5 weeks due to sepsis. Mum had to get some clothes for me and had to go through my drawers and she tipped my underwear drawer out on the bed. At the time I had a vibrator in it, and a packet of condoms. She never said much really, just that she had to tip out my drawer to go through my pairs of underwear. It dawned on me half an hour later what that meant (I was up to the gills in antibiotics and various drips), I felt embarrassed later but at that stage I was too sick to care. I didn't say anything and she never ever mentioned it again. But I cringe a little inside every time I remember it. blush

GalwayWayfarer Mon 28-May-18 06:50:10

Totally understand why you are mortified but she probably is too and if I were you I would just pretend it never happened! She should have known better than to go into a sealed bag really!

chocolatemademefat Mon 28-May-18 07:22:07

I’m depressed! I’ve lived a sheltered life. I wish I had a bag of sex toys waiting to be discovered. Or even one! I’d ignore it - just can’t see how you could begin that conversation!

Awwlookatmybabyspider Mon 28-May-18 07:24:39

I think your mum knows you're having sex by nowgrin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: