Talk

Advanced search

To share bath water

(25 Posts)
yoyoyou Fri 25-May-18 21:12:03

When I have a bath I always leave the water in there for DP to use. It saves water and he doesn't like hot baths whereas I do. It's cooler when he gets in so it suits us.

That said, I would think it was weird to do with anyone other than a partner. I know people who share bath water with friends/house mates and I wouldn't like that.

ConciseandNice Fri 25-May-18 21:14:09

We do it the opposite way round for the same reason. It seems incredibly wasteful not, that said it does seem weird to share with random
People. I presume if they’re housemates they’re not that random, but still...YANBU.

Thisnamechanger Fri 25-May-18 21:15:36

I think I would share if I was just having a relaxing soak. If I've done the full shave/exfoliating I expect the next person might find it a bit grim. Me and DP often share a bath anyway.

earlybirdhasanap Fri 25-May-18 21:16:26

We do this. I like really hot baths. He likes them lukewarm I leave him the water when I've finished. It's wasteful not to and we both shower in the mornings and have a bath in the evening if we're sore from work. If I'm on my period or I've shaved we don't share though.

AreWeDoingThisNow Fri 25-May-18 21:19:17

My DH doesn't like baths, but I would (and have in the past) share bath water with a partner. I also bath with or after DD.

Wouldn't with anyone else though.

adaline Fri 25-May-18 21:23:15

Yep, we do this. I always get in first though as he gets home from work absolutely filthy!

Teenagemaw Fri 25-May-18 21:23:43

We do this in our house. My ds has a low cool shallow bath... i top it up with roasting water and soak then dp gets in last when it has cooled... im never really that dirty or stinky as i have usually showered after the gym anyway x

EmmaC78 Fri 25-May-18 21:29:13

There have been loads of posts about this before and it is normally a split between those that think it is OK and those that think it is gross. I think it is gross and wouldn't do it (even with a partner) but I am sure I do loads of things I think are OK but others think are not.

VileyRose Fri 25-May-18 21:30:35

I share bathwater with my husband as long as I don't shave my legs in it or on period.

NewDOOFUSfor18 Fri 25-May-18 21:34:41

I share bath water with ds all the time. We don't have a shower bugs the shit out of me and a dodgy water tank that trips itself after running one bath, then takes a couple of hours to heat up again, so we don't usually have time to wait for enough water for a 2nd bath. Ds is always first though as I seem to lose A LOT of head hair when I wash it.

Butterflykissess Fri 25-May-18 21:39:30

Argh this makes me cringe . I would never do it. My mum use to make me and my siblings share bath water when we were growing up till we were quite old always made me feel icky.

starfishmummy Fri 25-May-18 21:39:42

Share here too....but I go first because I'm the cleanest person who likes hottest water.

slippynips Fri 25-May-18 21:47:54

This makes me feel a bit ill for some reason. I would share a bath with my son (I would with DP but we couldn’t both fit in our tiny bath!) but the thought of getting in after OH has had a wash is gross to me.

mookinsx Fri 25-May-18 21:49:09

We used to bath together - we didn't have a shower at the time. Was great to have him wash my hair for me

DramaAlpaca Fri 25-May-18 21:52:17

I think it's grim. I have memories of our family having to reuse bathwater as a child back in the 60s & 70s & I can't imagine doing it now when I don't have to.

I might occasionally throw the dog in after me if he needs a scrub, but I wouldn't inflict my dirty bathwater on another human.

Raver84 Fri 25-May-18 21:53:52

Of course it's fine. It's a great way to save water and unless soemone is very grimy from their work I don't see a problem with it

RavenLG Fri 25-May-18 21:55:17

Nope. My mum / dad used to make me do this as a kid and it's boak indusing. Even with DP I don't want to be floating around in his dirt soup.
Plus I only have a bath for relaxing in, boiling water, bath bomb, tv on ipad and stew until the water goes too cold to sit in.

mistermagpie Fri 25-May-18 21:55:48

I would be happy to leave my bath water for DH to get in, if he was so inclined. I would not want to get in his (or anyone else's) bathwater though!

Seniorcitizen1 Fri 25-May-18 22:05:26

This is manky behaviour - why on earth would someone get into dirty bath water - yuk

lifechangesforever Fri 25-May-18 22:06:35

We shared bath water as kids, when we had to wait for half a day for the immersion heater to boil up but now.. no, I wouldn't and maybe that's me rebelling against having to do it as a 1 if 4 children.

DH and I run new baths if we're having one on the same night (usually works out that we alternate nights for a bath). If we did, there's no way I'd be getting in second!

MismatchedStripySocks Fri 25-May-18 22:07:50

DH and I do this. I love a scalding hot bath so I get first dibs then he gets in afterwards. Wouldn’t share with anyone other than him though.

Mousefunky Fri 25-May-18 22:09:49

My DP and I also do this for the same reasons.

TheMasterNotMargarita Fri 25-May-18 22:10:05

Of course, it's fine.
but I also pee in the shower so should probably be executed

Kpo58 Fri 25-May-18 22:11:07

Bathing together fine, but one after each other is ick. My parents always used the old bathwater to water the garden.

Aprilmightbemynewname Fri 25-May-18 22:27:30

No way would I sit in water with possible winnits in. No thanks.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: