Talk

Advanced search

To worry if Botox will change the shape of my eyes?

(12 Posts)
CarriedAwaay Thu 24-May-18 12:07:31

Posting here for traffic.

I'm having Botox done for the first time next week. I have crows feet that are severe for my age - even my eyebrow threading lady commented on it.

I'm only 29 and I don't want to drastically change my face, just to soften these lines. I've tried every other route but nothing has made a significant enough difference.

Anyway, I've done lots of research and although most is positive, I read a few people saying that Botox on crows feet had changed the shape of their eyes? Is this a real risk? Even if I'm going to a reputable clinic to have the procedure done by a doctor? I would hate for it to have that affect.

Very grateful for any advice? Thank you.

CarriedAwaay Thu 24-May-18 12:38:50

Anyone?

TossDaily Thu 24-May-18 12:39:31

I have it, and no, I haven't noticed my eye shape changing.

GinUser Thu 24-May-18 12:43:00

There shouldn't be any effect on eye shape, after all you are not adding or taking anything away.
However, I would strongly recommend going to a medically-trained professional with experience of these procedures. In Europe only trained doctors are licensed to perform this treatments. I do not know what the position is in the UK, but seeing that you can have the procedures in a beauty salon I assume it is not as strictly regulated?

Nicknacky Thu 24-May-18 12:44:14

I get my crows lines done and it has no effect on my eyes.

Huskylover1 Thu 24-May-18 12:44:59

No, it won't change your eye shape! I have it, and can tell you, you won't get any results with cream that can rival botox.

AllyMcBeagle Thu 24-May-18 12:48:09

It's changed the shape of mine for the better but that's because I have a medical condition which affects the muscles around the eyes (so I get Botox for medical reasons). I don't think it would change most people.

Worst comes to worst if you don't like it, it will wear off in about 3 months.

AllyMcBeagle Thu 24-May-18 12:49:56

The other thing that can happen is ending up with a droopy eyebrow if they use too much, but they can reduce the risk by starting you on a small dose.

Gagastwin Thu 24-May-18 12:54:36

Droopy eyebrows happen when you have too much in your forehead, not your crows feet.

I've had botox in a number of placed, never changed the shape of my eyes or face.

It will help prevent them getting worse too.

AllyMcBeagle Thu 24-May-18 12:56:51

This is what can happen when it goes wrong:
www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1392919/Britains-Got-Talent-viewers-shocked-Simon-Cowells-Botox-face.html
Although it obviously eventually wore off.

I have always had a low enough dose to avoid this. I did once have a situation where it seemed to take longer to kick in for one eye than the other so looked asymmetrical for a couple of days, but I've been having it about 7 years and it's always been fine otherwise.

CarriedAwaay Thu 24-May-18 13:40:00

Phew 😅 that's a relief. I think I'm just getting myself a little worked up and nervous of the unknown. Hopefully it'll all go smoothly.

WatfordorLeightonBuzzard Thu 24-May-18 14:10:52

Your eyes may look a bit expressionless. I always find botox faces a bit creepy (i.e. the ones I know are botoxed, maybe there are many which I haven't noticed).

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: