Talk

Advanced search

My husband is wrong or me??

(83 Posts)
stilltryingstillfailing Wed 23-May-18 19:25:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

GloucesterRd Wed 23-May-18 19:30:20

Why just the one child and not all of them? Do the others want to go to Scandinavia? Is it favouritism?

Moot point really. The deed is done. Children go with you and you go to Scandinavia to learn about Vikings later as a family.

(What is the “already a shag” typo?!)

Jamiefraserskilt Wed 23-May-18 19:32:38

The answer is no. Kids will come with you. Dc can go to Scandinavia at another time.

KataraJean Wed 23-May-18 19:33:16

DS1 will be bored at a wedding with people he does not know. And how much can he actually learn about Vikings there?

stilltryingstillfailing Wed 23-May-18 19:35:54

ThroughThickAndThin01 Wed 23-May-18 19:36:00

Yanbu. He is.

Children go with you as arranged.

Plan another holiday for the future.

Tell your DH to sod off, he’s being incredibly mean not going with you in the first place to celebrate his fil birthday. He can just about get away with it if he doesn’t take the grandchildren with him.

BettyBaggins Wed 23-May-18 19:36:40

Husband shouldnt of woo'd kid with vikings. Grandads party takes precedence.

bridgetreilly Wed 23-May-18 19:36:57

HIBU. Not just because you've already booked it, but because it's their granddad's birthday. That's more important for them to be at than his friend's wedding. If the kids want to learn about Vikings, take them to York sometime.

niknac1 Wed 23-May-18 19:40:26

You are right husband so so wrong, he needs to apologise and really tell your son what a wedding would be like, and it’s not vikings.

FlyingDandelionSeed Wed 23-May-18 19:40:32

Your husband is clearly wrong. Grandads rare big birthday party is clearly more important than wedding of guy DS1 doesn't even know.

Your husband needs to explain to DS that the wedding weekend sadly won't be a good time to learn about vikings because he'll be too busy doing boring wedding stuff, and make it up him with a Viking-related trip some other time.

Tiredmum100 Wed 23-May-18 19:40:45

I'd go to the birthday party and go as a family on the other holiday another time.

Ickyockycocky Wed 23-May-18 19:41:08

He is unreasonable.

glenthebattleostrich Wed 23-May-18 19:43:45

Your son goes to Ireland. And Ireland has Celts, who are easily as cool as vikinga

stilltryingstillfailing Wed 23-May-18 19:49:21

stilltryingstillfailing Wed 23-May-18 19:50:25

Horsedogbird Wed 23-May-18 19:55:03

He should be going with you for your dad's birthday!

TestingTestingWonTooFree Wed 23-May-18 19:55:55

I think DH should have declined the wedding. You already had plans. FIL trumps flaky friend. He won’t get to see much of friend at the wedding anyway most likely. Extra unreasonable to woo DS to change his mind. I’d say DS1 can go but sacrifice next birthday/Christmas present. Or maybe not. Perhaps now is a good time in honouring your commitments.

ChasedByBees Wed 23-May-18 19:57:46

Your DH is being incredibly unfair. Have you said anything to him yet?

Jonbb Wed 23-May-18 19:58:02

There's a rather good story about a female Irish pirate, I'll try and remember.

Jonbb Wed 23-May-18 19:58:56

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grace_O%27Malley

Pengggwn Wed 23-May-18 20:00:25

He gets to change his own plan (however selfish) but your DS is committed, so I would insist on the original trip going ahead as planned.

Fevs Wed 23-May-18 20:01:13

I would have been annoyed at my husband pulling out to go to the wedding in the first place to be totally honest but you mention having some space isn’t a bad thing so fair play if you’re fine with that.
But to then try and wangle it so your son joins him too! I would be completely livid. It sounds like you have a lovely dad/grandfather to your kids who will probably be upset if all of his grandchildren aren’t there. Let alone the fact you’ve booked and paid for it all!
I would 100% stick to your guns and enjoy it

Ruffian Wed 23-May-18 20:01:33

Think your dc are old enough to be told they would upset their grandad if they don't go to his birthday - especially as he makes the effort to go to all the other celebrations.

seven201 Wed 23-May-18 20:02:35

You should have taken dh into another room as soon as he brought it up. Then he should have been the one to go back in and explain why the boys are going to Ireland and apologise to you and him for suggesting it. It's totally out of order.

Summerinrome Wed 23-May-18 20:02:46

Actually your dh should be coming with you. It is a family event, he shouldn't be just ditching your family for a better offer.

The no show can invite someone else to his scandi wedding. Your dc will enjoy seeing their family and it means the world to your df.

It would be a non starter. It is booked and organised end of.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: