Talk

Advanced search

Got called scum by eBay seller?

(19 Posts)
Shutouttherain Mon 21-May-18 17:00:10

Had to wait a month for delivery. Item didn’t come so opened an appeal. Seller said would send again .. I didn’t want to wait another month so asked eBay to step in so I could just get a refund.

The seller then got my number and messaged me on WhatsApp to say I’d damaged his livihood, he’s a single parent and that I’m scum.

I feel like putting in a complaint. Was I in the wrong?

I mean if I was and he’d just EMAILED me without insulting me then I’d have had no issue with that.

MrMeSeeks Mon 21-May-18 17:01:22

Yes put a complaint. Whether you were wrongor not he should not have done this. Complain complain

girlwithadragontattoo Mon 21-May-18 17:02:48

Ebay seller is an idiot!

KinkyAfro Mon 21-May-18 17:06:04

I put some Tripp suitcases on Ebay - clearly stated the area and pick up only. Buyer messaged asking where we were, told him XXXXXX as per the ad and he asked if I could drive to Derby to meet him halfway. I'm in Manchester.

Erm....that'll be a no

AsAProfessionalFekko Mon 21-May-18 17:07:11

How did he get your phone number?

Shutouttherain Mon 21-May-18 17:07:30

..... thanks for that story KinkyAfro 😂

InspMorse Mon 21-May-18 17:08:20

Complain.

ParentInCharge Mon 21-May-18 17:09:02

Definitely put a complaint on with screen shots to eBay. He can't harass or attack buyers or sellers.

Shutouttherain Mon 21-May-18 17:10:33

How did he get your phone number?

I’m not sure, I must have it listed on my eBay account somewhere.

jaseyraex Mon 21-May-18 17:10:58

Definitely not in the wrong. You were patient enough to wait the month, it's not your fault the item didn't turn up. He should send items more securely if he wants to avoid situations like that.

KinkyAfro I once had someone in Sheffield ask to meet half way. I'm in Glasgow. People are crazy grin

AnneProtheroe Mon 21-May-18 17:14:32

Had you left feedback yet? If not... 🤔

Jaxhog Mon 21-May-18 17:18:02

Tell ebay what he did. This is way outside the rules.

You were not at fault btw.

Awwlookatmybabyspider Mon 21-May-18 17:23:39

How did you ruin his livelihood over one item. I think it's his attitude that will ruin his "livelihood.
What he did was abuse. You've every right to complain to Ebay. He really should not be in business if he can't handle the fact that buyers change their minds.

BlueJava Mon 21-May-18 17:27:33

Definitely inform ebay. I have been selling quite a few things on there recently as we're moving house, most of the time people are really nice. But you do meet the odd crazy here and there!

PlumsGalore Mon 21-May-18 17:33:13

I once bought a RayBan sunglasses case on ebay from a private seller, I knew it was fake because a) I had a real case and b) I also had a fake one from china, which this matched exactly.

It was cheap and I wasn't that bothered but left neutral (not negative) feedback.

I wish I still had the abusive message I received. The seller, in the worst possible grammar full of spelling mistakes and no punctuation, told me I was clearly too poor to afford the real thing if I didn't recognise it when I saw it and that she was a solicitor and was going to sue me and leave me homeless and that unless I retracted the feedback she would be turning up at my door. hmm Oh and I should take the case into Boots and they would prove to me it was real.

Course you will love, that's what I told her. Not heard anything else since.

Ebay is full of nutters. Report then forget.

AnneProtheroe Mon 21-May-18 17:41:53

^ I didn't recognise it when I saw it and that she was a solicitor and was going to sue me and leave me homeless^

😂 love the way that people seem to think that's a serious threat

Tara336 Mon 21-May-18 17:44:13

I sold my old iPad on eBay nothing wrong with it just been brought a mini as a gift. Buyer claimed it didn’t work wouldn’t charge etc. It was fine when I was using it, he sent it back and it was clear he had been using it and it was synced to his iPhone still. Bloody hate eBay won’t buy or sell on it now

IsMyUserNameRubbish Mon 21-May-18 17:46:59

Leave negative feedback, he deserves it. Then tell eBay not to give your phone number out to anyone. eBay are a security scare waiting to happen.

Dobby1sAFreeElf Mon 21-May-18 17:51:11

I bought a small quite cheap item from eBay. Seller said item had been dispatched, but hadn't shown up a fortnight later and seller was non responsive. Opened an eBay appeal. Seller said they'd send item then hmm. Waited until appeal window closed and got my refund. Seller sent many messages saying I should have waited longer over a period of 2 days, got eBay to shut them up. 4 days later item shows up, I notice the postal date on it - a day after the case was closed. Contacted eBay and told them I had no intention of paying to return the item, eBay said they'd sort it but I suspect they may have considered it a non eBay sale and did nothing about it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: