Talk

Advanced search

To ask the things your children said or did that melted your heart

(131 Posts)
ChunckyMonkey Fri 27-Apr-18 00:00:59

MY DD 4 year old said I didn't need to get her anything for her birthday because she thought we couldn't afford it.

midnightmisssuki Fri 27-Apr-18 00:10:23

My 4 year old told me that she loved me a hundred billion percy pig promises and that she never wanted to live apart from me because apparently im the best. Moments like that make me think im not such a shit mother after all.

Merryoldgoat Fri 27-Apr-18 00:23:54

My DS was learning shapes and I was asking him to describe them to me.

After doing all the ‘normal’ shapes he told me a heart was ‘a shape made in the shape of love’ and it just got to me.

Iamnotacerealkiller Fri 27-Apr-18 00:29:43

My 12 week old had dirtied his third nappy in 30 minutes with a big wet fart. I laughed with exhustion and frustration, he saw me and responded with his first laugh and a massive smile and suddenly everything was ok.

Aloethere Fri 27-Apr-18 00:30:54

My 8yo dd fell on the way into school yesterday. Just as I was about to go over to her my 11 yo ds scooped her up, put his arm around her and led her inside. It melted my heart to see how no matter how much they fight they have each others backs when it comes down to it.

IWantMyHatBack Fri 27-Apr-18 00:34:31

When we'd been at the seaside, and on the way home she refused to sleep because the moon was chasing us home.

The moon was waiting for us when we got back. Happiest child ever.

StrugglingMumma Fri 27-Apr-18 00:38:12

My DD has recently turned 2. Over the weekend was the first time she said "I love you" to me

LadyCassandra Fri 27-Apr-18 00:39:32

My 5 year old DS wrote a note to the baby in my tummy saying he loves his baby sister and can't wait to kiss her chubby cheeks. My heart melted!

Ski40 Fri 27-Apr-18 00:48:56

Today my 7 year old son told me I should be a policewoman because all the killers would drop their guns when they saw how beautiful I am. I was feeling ugly today so that made me cry a bit. 😂

boho2u Fri 27-Apr-18 01:18:03

My 6 year old said he's looking forward to being big so he can take me out for dinner smile

mokapot Fri 27-Apr-18 02:07:24

Ds2 (6) told me he’d stay in the kitchen while I picked up a broken glass and cleaned up Incase I died.

Also he has told me he doesn’t want my money when I die!!!

gringringrin

Nonibaloni Fri 27-Apr-18 02:17:04

Ds called me to help with some damed computer game. It made suggestions and you have to make sensible guessing at the answer, ie what do you find in an aquarium: star fish, sea weed, tanks, water etc. It gets more complicated, if a hammer defeats a snake what would work on an ogre: a big hammer, a large axe. I’m describing it badly. Anyway, he was stuck cause the prompt was “the knight is feeling scared, what will make him feel brave?” He said he tried “his mum” and “his mum giving him a hug and telling him it would be ok” and they were both wrong so he had no idea what to try next. My heart melted, then I suggested “putting on armour”

villainousbroodmare Fri 27-Apr-18 02:38:51

I bumped my knee in the shower this morning and let out an exclamation of pain. 2yo DS ran into the bathroom, heaved open the shower door, quickly kissed my knee and looked up to check that he had fixed it for me. grin

NorthEndGal Fri 27-Apr-18 02:43:14

When my dad died, quite unexpectedly, 4 yo ds asked why I was crying. I said i was really sad that my dad died, and I'd not se him again.
Ds said "But it's just his body that died. All his love for you is still here."
He has no idea what that meant to me.

escorpion Fri 27-Apr-18 02:43:35

My 2 year old son, on seeing I had hurt myself said "¿qué pasó mamá?" what happened mamá? And stroked my face, hugged me and rubbed my back.

Monty27 Fri 27-Apr-18 02:50:52

My ds when he was about 5 said he wanted to marry me 😂
He's 22 now I must remind him because he is being a spoilt brat. Not for long though. 😶

QueenofSerene Fri 27-Apr-18 02:57:34

Yesterday I had DS (3months) in his rocker, which I normally only put him in when DD (14months ) is having a nap so she can't go and bother/poke him (still teaching her the whole 'gentle' concept) but when I brought DD out from her nap yesterday I left DS in the rocker for a little bit to see what they'd do.

Well DD went up to him and started dancing to the tune of his rocker, which in turn made him smile and laugh at her, so she started laughing back and they ended up in this adorable fit of giggles. So DD then runs over to get one of her plush toys and takes it over to him and then lunged at him, wrapped her arms around him and gave him a hug.

Cutest thing I've ever seen.

Then I had to remove him back to his bassinet before his sister tried to climb into the rocker on top of him.. lol

YerAWizardHarry Fri 27-Apr-18 03:05:53

DS(5) and I went for a drive to a near seaside town for some fancy ice cream. We were walking along to the nearby park and as I was pulling my flake out the ice cream both scoops plopped out my cone onto the floor. Without missing a beat DS offered me his cone to make me feel better. I didn't take it but was so proud of him

Swallowfalls Fri 27-Apr-18 03:12:24

Dsd aged 3 responding to being asked where her favourite bear was, 'I don't know, it's loss-appeared' smile

JohnnyMcGrathSaysFuckOff Fri 27-Apr-18 03:26:14

DD1 ( who is on the 2nd centile for weight) being told she needed to go to bed and to sleep to help her grow:"in the morning, I shall be a giant"

DD1 on climbing the quite small hill we live up - turns around and surveys the way she's come "what an achievement!"

elisaveta Fri 27-Apr-18 03:30:11

Oh northend - that made me cry xx

AlwaysDancing1234 Fri 27-Apr-18 04:35:59

Love this thread, made me a bit teary!
DD fell and hurt herself and big brother DS ran over before I could, scooped her up and kissed it better and did something silly to make her laugh. DD quickly forgot her pain, declared DS “the bestest brother ever” smile

Smeddum Fri 27-Apr-18 05:36:31

@NorthEndGal flowers what a gentle and insightful wee boy you have, what a wee star!

Smeddum Fri 27-Apr-18 05:39:29

DS2 (3) woke up crying in the night and before I’d got to his room DD (4) was there soothing him and singing to him while stroking his hair. I stood in the doorway with tears streaming down my face!

When I took DD back to bed I told her that she’d done a lovely thing for her brother and I was ever so proud of her and she looked surprised and said “but that’s what you and Dad do?”

I love when my bairns look out for each other, it’s the thing that makes me proudest of all.

WakeUpFromYourDreamAndScream Fri 27-Apr-18 06:10:14

I'm crying now reading all of these especially @NorthEndGal. That was beautiful thanks

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: