Talk

Advanced search

To think Dianne Abbott will be just as bad as amber Rudd

(106 Posts)
jnfrrss Thu 26-Apr-18 17:55:35

If not woorse, they both seem very clueless and it's embarrassing that they hold important positions and shadows.

Incompetent is an understatement

Theknacktoflying Thu 26-Apr-18 18:00:03

It really annoys me how everyone uses degrees to cover over the fact that there are two individuals who are just not up to the job .... incompetence is incompetence, anti semitism is anti semetism regardless of the side of politics ...

HollowTalk Thu 26-Apr-18 18:01:18

Yes, both as bad as each other.

British politics is so embarrassing now. There's literally nobody to vote for.

SergeantPfeffer Thu 26-Apr-18 18:01:33

I’m not sure either of them could make as much of a mess as Theresa May! This situation is the result of her unique combination of zealotry and incompetence whilst in charge of the HO. Now she’s in charge of brexit, I mean, what could go wrong 🤦‍♀️

SergeantPfeffer Thu 26-Apr-18 18:03:34

YY to British politics being embarrassing right now. In an ideal world, May would resign, but who on earth could replace her?! Cabinet of political dregs atm.

Nikephorus Thu 26-Apr-18 18:05:15

YABU to say that DA would be 'just as bad' - there's no way she's even remotely capable of doing a proper cabinet job. Do you not remember her performance in the last election when she couldn't add up, kept saying the wrong thing and eventually got told not to turn up to an interview when she was already en-route (admit I felt sorry for her then) grin She actually makes Bumbling Boris look vaguely reasonable (emphasis on vaguely). If Corbyn hadn't shagged her I doubt she'd have the job she's got.

MissionItsPossible Thu 26-Apr-18 18:27:44

She has such a patronising voice, it goes right through me.

The majority of the politicians these days are completely incompetent and embarrassing and the toxicity surrounding politics at the moment is vile.

FontSnob Thu 26-Apr-18 18:32:01

Nikephorus, do you mean when she was ill?! Whatever side of politics you’re on she is Cambridge Educated. Hardly stupid. None of them are.

Justanotherlurker Thu 26-Apr-18 18:35:01

The majority of the politicians these days are completely incompetent and embarrassing and the toxicity surrounding politics at the moment is vile.

Agree, we are turning into the US politics wise, my team good, your team bad.

Doesn't help that Labour decided to follow the populist approach that Trump ran on.

Longdistance Thu 26-Apr-18 18:35:41

I reckon Coco the fucking clown would do a better job than DA 🤡

Cheesecake53 Thu 26-Apr-18 18:38:02

UABvvvvvvU

ZenNudist Thu 26-Apr-18 18:38:36

I wouldnt vote tory at gunpoint (&am very ambivalent about labour now, used to be a staunch labour-ite) but i have to admit almost anyone could do a better job than DA.

Justanotherlurker Thu 26-Apr-18 18:38:41

Nikephorus, do you mean when she was ill?

She was ill, but the party was stupid putting her forward in that case and although I have respect for her, she has had many foot in mouth moments all throughout her career and she should not be on the front bench, she is woeful, if she was a Tory she would be ripped to shreds just as much

Ohmydayslove Thu 26-Apr-18 18:39:43

Yes when she was ill??? Not buying that actually she’s just incompetent and that was an excuse. DA performance is generally embarrassing and sometimes hilarious. U tube her and her gaffs are frankly incredible. She’s only there because Corbyn shagged her back in thr day and there is noone else as noone sensible will serve on his front bench.

Amber Rudd is another Jackie smith. Car crash incompetence.

I truly despair really

Believeitornot Thu 26-Apr-18 18:40:30

Do you not remember her performance in the last election when she couldn't add up, kept saying the wrong thing and eventually got told not to turn up to an interview when she was already en-route
To be fair to dianne, she is no worse than Boris Johnson in terms of grasp of facts and brief. He just gets away with it because he’s male, posh and doesn’t have that annoying voice.

FuzzyCustard Thu 26-Apr-18 18:41:23

I cannot abide Diane Abbott. She give me the rage whatever she is saying. I think she is a huge liability to the Labour Party and would be top of my list to resign, bar none!

UserV Thu 26-Apr-18 18:41:32

Can't stand Abbott OR Rudd. Both irksome, irritating, and annoying. And both a bit shit at their job.

Politics would be a bit of a better place, if they would both resign......

Ohmydayslove Thu 26-Apr-18 18:43:46

Was she ill when she said ‘on balance Mao did more good then harm’ ffs! Or ‘all white oriole play divide and rule’

Of course not she’s just a very silly woman who talks before actually thinking and obviously can’t be arsed to study policies properly and in depth.

A degree does not mean you are intelligent it just means tou can study a subject in depth. There are plenty of silly graduates

UserV Thu 26-Apr-18 18:45:25

@ohmydayslove

Yes when she was ill??? Not buying that actually she’s just incompetent and that was an excuse. DA performance is generally embarrassing and sometimes hilarious. U tube her and her gaffs are frankly incredible. She’s only there because Corbyn shagged her back in the day and there is noone else as noone sensible will serve on his front bench.

All of this. I just didn't have the nerve to say it LOL. grin

Ohmydayslove Thu 26-Apr-18 18:45:57

Add to that list Boris and the equally annoying and incompetent Emily Thornbury.

Yvette, Hillary where are you

Ohmydayslove Thu 26-Apr-18 18:47:27

User

Never be scared to post your thoughts.wink She’s akways been a tit. Probably a great constituency MP though but front bench material obviously no just no

PavlovianLunge Thu 26-Apr-18 18:49:53

Corbyn, Abbot and Thornberry, etc or May, Gove, Hunt, etc. Either way, it’s a shower of shit. angry

Ohmydayslove Thu 26-Apr-18 18:58:53

Totally agree pavlovian

I am 50 and seriously cannot remember a worse front bench on both sides. It’s bloody dire it really is.

Thymeout Thu 26-Apr-18 19:05:40

Fortunately, Yvette and Hillary are chairing Select C'ttees. Without Yvette's questioning of Rudd yesterday, we'd never have got the truth about targets.

After a lifetime in the political wilderness, on the far-flung fringe of the Left, Corbyn has a bunker mentality. Loyalty is all. Competence doesn't matter. He's not over-endowed with competence himself. He's only comfortable with people who think exactly the same as he does who will back him to the hilt. If anyone voices a different point of view, like Clive Lewis, and, increasingly, Angela Rayner, they're pushed out of the inner circle, no matter how good they are.

This leaves him with a very small pool to choose from. He'll never get rid of Abbott, even tho' she's obviously not in the best of health. OK reading out a prepared speech, but hopeless in a debate or in an interview.

And I see Heidi Alexander, ex Shadow Minister of Health, is now rumoured to be moving to work at City Hall. Momentum Trots making trouble in her constituency. Such a waste.

Amanduh Thu 26-Apr-18 19:08:33

I agree Longdistance 🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: