Talk

Advanced search

To ask what this could be?

(15 Posts)
AnchorDownDeepBreath Tue 24-Apr-18 12:44:45

I've been nauseous, on and off, for three weeks. It is getting worse. Initially it seemed to happen only after nights when I woken up with quite an intense bladder pain; and needed to pee a lot. That pain has stopped entirely; and I feel okay overall; except that I sometimes need to pee more than usual and I feel very sick. UTI tests were negative two weeks ago.

Nausea today is awful. Starts when I wake up, only fades for odd periods in the day. Motion makes it worse - like being in the car - and I've just fled the canteen because of the smell.

Any ideas? I don't have a GP and it's a really bad time with work to need time off.

Trinity66 Tue 24-Apr-18 12:45:47

Pregnant?

SparklyMagpie Tue 24-Apr-18 12:46:47

I was also going to ask If there could be a chance you're pregnant ?

Almondsupreme Tue 24-Apr-18 12:46:53

Yep especially the nausea and smell sensitivity

Boredofthisnow86 Tue 24-Apr-18 12:48:26

If not pregnant then you need to get your liver checked asap and also for an ear infection.

livingthegoodlife Tue 24-Apr-18 13:36:26

Gallstones?

Waggingmyginger Tue 24-Apr-18 13:49:12

Gallstones doesn't usually cause motion sickness but the night nausea and cramping used to make me want to wee more.
Is a gp investigating?

someonewhowonders Tue 24-Apr-18 13:52:43

If you've not got a GP you need to do a pregnancy test to rule that out. Then you need to register with a surgery eitherway to get yourself checked properly.

someonewhowonders Tue 24-Apr-18 13:54:47

I just wanted to add I felt similar to this before I was diagnosed with having gallstones. It's been ok for a while now, no symptoms but that's what it was even though the symptoms were very similar to early pregnancy.

SoupDragon Tue 24-Apr-18 13:55:03

Pregnancy was my guess too

SaucyJane Tue 24-Apr-18 13:56:06

I was also going to say could be your gallbladder if no chance of pregnancy. For such a tiny organ, it can hurt like an absolute motherfucker!

bonzo77 Tue 24-Apr-18 13:57:42

I got this with gastritis. And when I was pregnant. And when I was pregnant with gastritis. Oh. And also when I had sepsis.

AnchorDownDeepBreath Tue 24-Apr-18 17:28:15

Thanks all - sorry for the delayed response; I've been in meetings.

Haven't eaten since 10 and the nausea has subsided somewhat; but I've got a strange pain now.

I'll do a pregnancy test tonight; and then try and sort time off for a GP tomorrow. It's good to know what it might be though, thank you all thanks

I really hope I'm not pregnant; but I also don't really want gallstones or gastritis!

happinessischocolate Tue 24-Apr-18 18:43:56

My dd had these same symptoms for the past week, finally got her to the doctors yesterday and they've said probably kidney infection and she's on antibiotics.

Or maybe there's s bug going around? Weird how it's exactly the same symptoms.

AnchorDownDeepBreath Tue 24-Apr-18 21:36:38

Just back from out of hours - kidney infection. Tablets for three days and then back to review, as blood, protein and leukocytes are really high.

Thanks all - and I hope your DD gets well soon, happiness thanks

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: