Talk

Advanced search

To ask how you told your partner you were pregnant?

(94 Posts)
WelshBarbie Tue 24-Apr-18 12:14:33

Currently TTC.. and constantly getting an overwhelming gut feeling I'm pregnant then a slap in the face that I'm not. Doesn't help that I'm addicted to POAS. Trying to distract myself from sulking by thinking of nice ways to break the news to my partner if and when we are successful.

Anyone got any nice stories? ☺️

lankylisa Tue 24-Apr-18 12:27:42

What's poas?
I showed him my preg test and we both just sat there shell shocked. Then we got really excited!

DanceDisaster Tue 24-Apr-18 12:30:24

I just told him. The first time in person (both went very quiet after that and hugged but clearly overwhelmed/ freaking out). The second time I told him on the phone at work. It was quite unexpected as we weren’t ttc and I just couldn’t wait till he got home!

DanceDisaster Tue 24-Apr-18 12:30:42

Poas = peeing on a stick

WelshBarbie Tue 24-Apr-18 12:31:05

@lankylisa peeing on a stick grin

DanceDisaster Tue 24-Apr-18 12:32:35

A friend waited till her husband’s birthday and then presented him with a positive pregnancy test alongside breakfast in bed. It was only a few days after she found out.

WelshBarbie Tue 24-Apr-18 12:32:51

We're both so excited to get pregnant but comvinced it'll take ages due to my cycles being like 70+ days at the moment!! And extremely hard to track as I constantly miss periods. Just keep thinking if by some miracle it does happen unexpectedly fast I'd love to tell him in a special way ☺️

SadTrombone Tue 24-Apr-18 12:33:22

"I'm fucking pregnant!"
I have a way with words.

WelshBarbie Tue 24-Apr-18 12:35:16

@SadTrombone 😂😂😂

Quiettiger Tue 24-Apr-18 12:35:23

I gave DH 3 pissy sticks in an envelope as a birthday present on the day of his birthday. We'd had a long haul,and they were very hard fought for over 5 years.

Most expensive birthday present ever! That pissy stick started school in January! grin

Happyandshiney Tue 24-Apr-18 12:35:45

We’d been trying for nearly six years and several rounds of IVF.

I just silently handed him the test stick.

Neverender Tue 24-Apr-18 12:35:56

He was away for the weekend. I actually posted on here so I could 'tell' someone!!! I got some tiny converse and put the positive test in the box and gave it to him when he got back.

BarbarianMum Tue 24-Apr-18 12:35:59

I found out when I was away for the weekend. I told him I'd brought him a present and gave him the positive test. He didn't know what it was. I teased him for a while then told him. Then he sat there stunned. Twas v romantic.

Marmite27 Tue 24-Apr-18 12:36:24

1st one - ‘LOOK at this’ while waving the test under his nose.

2nd one - ‘that’s going to piss on their chips’ (BIL had just announced his wife was 7 weeks along).

Thingsthatgo Tue 24-Apr-18 12:36:50

I presented him with a wee-covered stick with a very very faint line at 10dpo while he was still sleeping! I then presented him with a marginally less faint line the following day. I continued this obsessively for about three weeks! (I bought very cheap pregnancy test from eBay!).

TestingTestingWonTooFree Tue 24-Apr-18 12:37:59

I didn’t want to make a huge deal of it, as early pregnancy is so precarious. I came out of the bathroom and said “I think I’m pregnant” and explained I’d just done a positive test.

Childrenofthestones Tue 24-Apr-18 12:39:35

She was sat on the loo and I was sat on the end of the bath when she showed me the stick.
We were very lucky as both times we practically only had to shake hands for her to get pregnant.

NotAnotherUserName5 Tue 24-Apr-18 12:40:32

Just waved the wee covered pregnancy test an inch from his face.
I'm romantic like that. grin

Good luck!

BarbarianMum Tue 24-Apr-18 12:43:17

Second time was even more romantic. Test result was very faint and I just sat there saying "I know I am, my breasts feel pregnant" whilst he googled evaporation lines.

Highpeak Tue 24-Apr-18 12:43:59

I'd suggested I might be before the piss stick as was sicky a day tired very early on so no surprise for him

cliffdiver Tue 24-Apr-18 12:45:40

'it's positive'

Zcarter Tue 24-Apr-18 12:47:27

I said babe come here and gave him the test... he said what do 2 line mean .... I was like what do you think 2 lines means I wouldn’t of shouted you if I wasn’t pregnant 😂😂😂

CuriosityDoor Tue 24-Apr-18 12:53:16

In a motorway service station! "Errr....I seem to be pregnant..." We were going away for a weekend of drinking and I had a sneaky suspicion but couldn't pee at home (too much pressure!) We didn't want to tell the people we were with so he drank my drinks on the sly and everyone commented on what a light weight he was!

HeartCurrent Tue 24-Apr-18 12:56:09

First time passed him a test and said 'your going to be a daddy'
Second time he told me I was pregnant, he went the shop bought a test and said take that in the morning.
I did and he was right I was. grin

nokidshere Tue 24-Apr-18 12:56:13

I poas at 4am in the morning at my ILs house. I sneaked into the living room and called my best friend 😄

I told dh when he woke up around 10am and we drove home in stunned silence.

At that point we had had 15 years of fertility treatments and 2 years coming to terms with the fact that we were going to be childless.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: