Talk

Advanced search

To pay £100 for a haircut?

(30 Posts)
bophopandstop Tue 24-Apr-18 07:15:03

I suppose it's one of those things where some people with think that's loads and some people with think it's nothing but since having kids my hair has gone to shit, 18m age gap (youngest is nearly 1) and I've been sticking it up for ages, I also had post partum hair loss with both and it's now regrowing at the front of my head so I have a nice frizzy lion's mane of about 2 inches.confused

Is paying for a good stylist actually worth it?

I can afford it but it would be a massive treat. How much do you all pay for your hair?

19lottie82 Tue 24-Apr-18 07:16:14

If you can afford it, go for it! It sounds like you deserve it smile

Zampa Tue 24-Apr-18 07:16:24

A haircut is an outfit you wear every day so worth spending a bit of money on of you can afford it.

Zampa Tue 24-Apr-18 07:18:05

Sorry, posted too soon ...

The most I pay is £60 for a senior stylist. However, the most I've ever paid is £200 for balayage, a colour conditioner and cut and blow dry. It made me feel a little bit sick ...

bophopandstop Tue 24-Apr-18 07:18:17

A haircut is an outfit you wear every day so worth spending a bit of money on of you can afford it.

Ooo I like this! It's true isn't it. It's a bit like how having your eyebrows done makes such a difference.

FissionChips Tue 24-Apr-18 07:20:09

I don’t tend to pay more than £50 for a haircut and style, have never paid more than that unless getting it coloured.

pompomcat Tue 24-Apr-18 07:20:25

If you can afford it, go for it! Ime it makes you feel so much better.

Just make sure you are confident in your choice of stylist (it's awful when you payi££££ for a haircut and it doesn't meet your expectations).

StickThatInYourPipe Tue 24-Apr-18 07:20:38

Hi OP

I would happily spend that money on your circumstances as a treat but I urge you to research your local salons before booking. I have had very expensive cuts that were absolute shit and amazing ones from places much cheaper.

AGreatBigPonk Tue 24-Apr-18 07:21:04

I've got the lion mane with the added treat that all the little fuckers have grown in grey angry
Deffo spend it...I’m not sure how to solve the new growth other than letting it grow out but if you find a solution please do post pack!

AGreatBigPonk Tue 24-Apr-18 07:22:00

Pack=back

bophopandstop Tue 24-Apr-18 07:23:49

Deffo spend it...I’m not sure how to solve the new growth other than letting it grow out but if you find a solution please do post pack

I will, it's so annoying isn't it, too short to even pin down with a grip! Ugh!

Hopefully they can perform a miracle grin

LakieLady Tue 24-Apr-18 07:25:42

If it's with a really good stylist, it's probably worth it.

I have "awkward" hair (very thick, wavy and with a mind of its own) and whenever I have to change my hairdresser, it's very hard to find another who can cut it really well. That's why I've only had different hairdressers in about 30 years - the current one cut my hair at her house each time she was on maternity leave.

If she moved to a salon where a cut was £100, I'd probably pay it - and I can't really afford it!

Aridane Tue 24-Apr-18 07:29:26

For a fab stylist, yes.

Averyyounggrandmaofsix Tue 24-Apr-18 07:29:35

If you can afford it do it! It will make you feel so much better but get a good consultation first.

TammySwansonTwo Tue 24-Apr-18 07:30:06

My twins are 19 months and I’m considering treating myself to a really fancy haircut but I’ve waited until my regrowth is long enough to do something with - not sure they could have done much with mine when it was spiky!

Rachie1973 Tue 24-Apr-18 07:40:12

I pay £100 for my cut & colour.

I trust my stylist after a few disasters lol

Aprilmightbemynewname Tue 24-Apr-18 09:06:14

Who's cutting it Mr Sassoon?? shock

mostdays Tue 24-Apr-18 09:10:42

If you can afford it and it would help you feel good I see no issue. I'm a cheapy cheap woman (cut my own hair for years) and would hyperventilate if asked to pay more than £30 but last winter I let a find cut my hair and the results were so bad I'd have handed over whatever it took to sort it out (luckily for me the local hairdressers saved it for only £25 but still...)

ICanTuckMyBoobsInMyPockets Tue 24-Apr-18 09:13:35

I'm going to go against the crowd here and say wait. If your youngest isn't yet 1, you've probably got more growth to come in.

You don't want a fab hair cut with loads of frizzy bits at the front.

Let it grow out another while then do it.

BlancheM Tue 24-Apr-18 11:57:22

Treat yourself, woman!
I had a long fringe cut in when I regrowing hair loss, I could have it either Parisian style or swept to the side. Now it's in long layers

Bramble71 Tue 24-Apr-18 12:01:05

Can you visit the salon first, before making your actual appointment, and have a chat with the stylist? Get some advice on what can be done, especially if your hair is damaged. If all they can do is trim the ends, then £100 seems a bit over the top. I sometimes think the expensive stylists are no more talented; they just maybe use some very modern techniques which would be wasted on most people.

Bluelady Tue 24-Apr-18 12:05:40

Go for the best cut you can get. It's worth every penny. The most expensive may not be the best though.

Idontevencareanymore Tue 24-Apr-18 12:08:56

Yanbu to spend that amount if you have it/can afford it.
But I'd strongly suggest doing lots of reading about the salon you choose, maybe a visit before hand to get a feel and I'd ask for a consultation before to get a feel.

dandelion102017 Tue 24-Apr-18 12:12:42

I have this too!!! right at bloody front. I went for a haircut and she changed my pattern which really helped hide it! I hated my hair that way though- couldn't get it to stay! so back to square one!! bloody treat yourself!!! xxx

Copperbonnet Wed 25-Apr-18 02:56:32

You wear your hair everyday.

Is the cost per wear worth it to you?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: