Talk

Advanced search

She made him wait for his pjs

(137 Posts)
Myotherusernameisbest Tue 24-Apr-18 00:46:37

Sil is a bit odd at best of times and we get on ok but not great. Over at hers this evening for dinner and about 10.30 dn (5) was sick. When we heard him crying out sil went up and we heard her say oh dear you've been sick dn, so I went up to see if she needed a hand sorting him out/stripping bed etc.

She had taken off his pjs and was wiping him down so I looked in a drawer for other pjs and pulled some out. She told me they were a bit too small but she had some downstairs. So I finished cleaning up dn while she went to get them from the laundry.
Luckily bed was ok as he had gotten out and had actually been sick in bathroom so easy to clean up.

Anyway, she was ages. Dn was tired and I wrapped him in a towel to keep him warm but all he wanted really was to get back into bed, bless him . Eventually sil came back and said, sorry I was so long they weren't ironed, I just had to iron them.

I just looked at her, I didn't really know what to say to that. Aibu to think of all the times to iron something, this really wasn't it.

CloudCaptain Tue 24-Apr-18 00:48:31

Bizarre. Did she have a brain freeze? Who irons Pyjamas anyway?

Fruitcorner123 Tue 24-Apr-18 00:55:20

Hahaha some people put neatness and order above everything. I would just roll your eyes and forget about it. It was selfish and silly but it's not the end of the world.

Brokenbiscuit Tue 24-Apr-18 00:56:37

How odd! Surely nobody irons pyjamas at the best of times!

Hope poor little DN is OK.

RBBMummy Tue 24-Apr-18 00:58:06

They might not fit when they're creasey

Myotherusernameisbest Tue 24-Apr-18 01:01:51

I never iron pyjamas blush

They would have fitted fine with creases. They were just standard kids pjs made out of tshirt type material.

blackteasplease Tue 24-Apr-18 01:03:24

Maybe we all just do weird things sometimes!

AjasLipstick Tue 24-Apr-18 01:09:22

Was she afraid you'd judge her?

VodkaRevelation Tue 24-Apr-18 01:11:28

they might not fit when they’re creasey.

How would creasing make the pjs s diffetent size confused

Very weird of your SIL, OP. Selfish and thoughtless.

TheOriginalEmu Tue 24-Apr-18 01:13:29

hahahaha. she's mental. but funny. hope DN is feeling better soon.

QuestionableMouse Tue 24-Apr-18 01:13:37

Maybe they were a bit damp?

Still odd though... she could have just put him to bed in a tshirt and not bothered with the PJs.

RBBMummy Tue 24-Apr-18 01:13:49

Maybe he gets over sensitive when he's ill?

Slapbetcommissioner Tue 24-Apr-18 01:15:01

I hate ironing but I have one specific thing I can't wear without ironing. It sits funny, feels uncomfortable and is too short. It's just a normal dress made of a non stretchy T shirt type material. Maybe DN is fussy like me grin

MrsWhirly Tue 24-Apr-18 01:15:09

What the actual Fuck is wrong with people sometimes.

MarthaArthur Tue 24-Apr-18 01:26:33

It depends on why and how creased they were. They may have been creased in a way that it rubs the skin or folds in the wrong way that makes them uncomfy to wear. Hardly a crime.

12Etudes Tue 24-Apr-18 01:27:00

I’m also wondering if she was afraid you’d judge her? And she has let this overide her senses and not acted how she normally would?

Something tells me by the fact that you immediately started this thread that this could be it. You do sound judgey. People act differently in such circumstances.

You’re marvellous at caring for her son so well done you, she is selfish and bonkers....well that’s what you want to hear right.

Copperbonnet Tue 24-Apr-18 01:30:43

I also wonder if they were still a tiny bit damp.

But why did you wrap him in a towel? Why not just pop him into bed to stay warm while waiting for the PJs?

Battleax Tue 24-Apr-18 01:33:50

This is a bit identifiable I’d your SIL is a MNer, you know.

Swallowfalls Tue 24-Apr-18 01:34:32

I reckon Questionable has it, they were damp and she ironed them dry. Glad you were there to wrap DN up, hope he's better soon.

AngelsOnHigh Tue 24-Apr-18 01:55:13

Maybe she just wanted to warm them up and they'd feel nice and cuddly?

CadyHeron Tue 24-Apr-18 02:00:56

Cor blimey, does it really matter?!
"Ages?" Define ages. It might have just felt like ages.
If you're the sort who comes across in RL as the type of person as someone who posts on MN whether they've given ironed clothes out or not, I don't blame them.
Even if not.....do you have kids? If you have people over you may want to feel that you have everything under control for people staying over/visiting.Anxiety,innit.

Jobbieshitkakaboudin Tue 24-Apr-18 02:14:14

If she hadn't ironed them you would have started a thread about the horrible tatty creased pjs your poor DN sleeps in.

She knew you were there to judge snd you made her nervous. Or she's a neat freak.

flubdub Tue 24-Apr-18 02:27:21

She sounds barmy! grin
I would have asked why she ironed them though, and probably made a joke out of it. Yes I'm that annoying person.

tillytown Tue 24-Apr-18 02:53:13

She ironed them because she knows you don't like her, and judge everything she does.

Bahhhhhumbug Tue 24-Apr-18 03:55:37

So you went up and helped with one five year old boy, been sick just wanted his mum no doubt and started going in drawers to ' help' find pyjamas in her own house? She probably went down to say how weird you were and to count to one hundred to calm herself down to avoid telling you to butt out. You sound judgemental and interfering. I'd have been mortified at five to wake up to my mum and my auntie helping to wipe me down

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: