Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to expect to be booked on the flight agreed?

(9 Posts)
Nquartz Mon 23-Apr-18 11:55:51

We have booked a fly drive for this summer to Florida through an online travel company. Asked a few times for the reference number so we can book our seats but they couldn't give it to us and kept putting us off.

It has transpired that we are booked on the outbound flight but they can't get us on the inbound flight within the price we've paid. As a result, they have presented us with 3 options for our return leg all of which are unsuitable for various reasons.

We are getting another call this evening with more options, which I am guessing will be equally unsuitable. I'm so annoyed, it is their fault that they undersold, why should we be put out because of their incompetence.

WIBU to use the broken record technique and keep stating that we want our original flights as per the confirmation?

aaaaargghhhhelpme Mon 23-Apr-18 11:59:59

can you get seats on the flight you want? Ie is it booked up?

It’s shitty. I wouldn’t accept anything other than what you paid for. I’m just wondering if the flights full what your other options are

Nquartz Mon 23-Apr-18 12:15:42

The flights are definitely still available, we looked over the weekend to see how much it would cost if we ended up getting a refund and had to book ourselves (loads more)

DontTouchTheMoustache Mon 23-Apr-18 12:19:08

Do you have a contract? If so it would ve breach of contract if they do not get you seats as agreed. They are obviously trying to save themselves money so i would push back as much as possible.

Nquartz Mon 23-Apr-18 12:21:53

DontTouchTheMoustache I assume we do, we have a confirmation confirming the times and dates of the flights, the price etc. The price was agreed over live chat and then the deposit paid over the phone.

Thank you, that is exactly what they are doing. I am going to be tough with them, I can see DH wavering when we've been on the phone with them but I will hold firm.

aaaaargghhhhelpme Mon 23-Apr-18 12:51:48

Oh. That’s really shitty then. I thought they couldn’t book you on cos there were no seats left!!!

Fuck that then. They’re trying to save some money. If you specifically bought those flights then that’s what you should get.

Why are they saying they can’t get tickets for it?! If there are still seats available I don’t get it.

Nquartz Mon 23-Apr-18 13:07:05

They can't get the flights from virgin within what we've paid so they're saying we need to take an alternative flight. D
Fuck that!

DontTouchTheMoustache Mon 23-Apr-18 13:16:48

It is their error so they should be held to the original terms agreed

Nquartz Tue 24-Apr-18 20:22:40

It just gets worse! Got a call tonight with another unsuitable option and I told him we weren't happy, unacceptable etc and he got shirty with me because he's spent nearly a week searching for alternatives none of which I'm happy with.

He then said he can't confirm when we'll get a reference number but someone will confirm in writing to us within 48 hours that we are on the original flights.

All good I thought...

Then get another call asking if Virgin change the flight times or cancel the morning flight would we be happy to go on the later flight. He then got offended because I told I wouldn't agree to that because I thought he would then put us on the later flight out and blame Virgin.

The conversation wasn't going anywhere so I told him if we weren't on the flights we'd complain to ABTA, instantly he asked if we had our booking reference number tonight could we not complain. I told him I wouldn't if we get written confirmation that we are on the original flights and he said we'll have an email within 48 hours, but didn't specify what it would actually confirm.

So... still not sure if we'll get the flights we have booked/agreed or if they'll just give us a refund and tell us to sod off angry

And the best bit, he clearly wasn't getting what he wanted from me so asked to speak to DH! We had done a good cop/bad cop routine on one of the calls last week so he clearly thought DH was the better option to speak to grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: