Talk

Advanced search

To be enraged with Apple

(16 Posts)
badger2005 Sun 22-Apr-18 17:45:09

GRRRRR....GROWL...

I have bought some run music from audiofuel ready to put on my MP3 thing. I got redirected to ITunes to buy it. Now it is in some weird format that I can't use. I have been trying to convert it to Mp3 for hours, but I can't. Is this a conspiracy to force me to buy apple stuff?? HOWL of despair.

Disclaimer: I do know that this is a first world problem. But I have invested way too long trying to sort this out - do I have to accept that I have thrown my money away on this music?

pinotnoirismyjam Sun 22-Apr-18 17:48:35

www.google.co.uk/amp/www.instructables.com/id/How-to-convert-Itunes-music-in-to-mp3-in-i-tunes/%3famp_page=true

Uselessmale1 Sun 22-Apr-18 17:50:02

This is exactly why I will never have an apple phone or use itunes

DuchyDuke Sun 22-Apr-18 17:50:28

Use Google.

KentishLady2018 Sun 22-Apr-18 17:53:36

YADNBU. I'm having to update a phone using iTunes at the moment because the phone decided it couldn't do it on its own.

I've literally had to Google each step because it's impossible to figure out! The most un-user friendly software I've ever used.

I need a new laptop and the whole iTunes experience is putting me right off getting a Mac, as I can only assume they're similar.

badger2005 Sun 22-Apr-18 22:14:18

pinotnoirismyjam thanks but that doesn't work. When I get to the bit where I right click, the option to convert doesn't come up. I think that guide is for when you want to convert music from a CD - not from music you have bought from itunes.
DuchyDuke I have googled. I have googled a lot. I think maybe you can pay to do it, but I haven't found a free way yet. I don't want to pay twice - I've already bought the music!
So frustrated. I hate apple. Please do suggest other ways to help. Or just share my pain!

badger2005 Sun 22-Apr-18 22:16:42

Uselessmale1 - yes. I should have never used itunes. But there is no other option I can see for buying something from audiofuel (running music people). So I thought I'd go ahead and that it would all work out. No!
KentishLady2018 I thought if you had bought into the apple way, then things would be straightforward. That they are punishing me for not having a ipod but a (much cheaper) non-apple mp3... but it sounds like things are bad even if you have an apple product (like I'm guessing your phone is?)

lhastingsmakeup Sun 22-Apr-18 22:17:54

I am an avid apple user and even I hate iTunes. I never use the bloody thing anymore (thank god for Spotify) but it was riddled with constant issues and restarts. Imagine backing up your phone and trying to restore it but iTunes keeps crashing and corrupting half way through - it would take hours just to update my phone. Beyond frustrating

Can you not request a refund and tell them that you can’t access the content? Apple are good with refunds.

MongerTruffle Sun 22-Apr-18 22:18:06

It's the producers who have forced Apple to impose digital rights management.

MongerTruffle Sun 22-Apr-18 22:19:00

Apple are good with refunds.

I do second this, though. When I bought an app that I couldn't use, I applied online for a refund and it came through straight away.

lhastingsmakeup Sun 22-Apr-18 22:19:12

What exactly is the music playlist/album called? Maybe we can find you an alternative website to purchase from?

badger2005 Sun 22-Apr-18 22:21:01

But, MongerTruffle - I have bought the music. I don't get why I can't listen to it? I don't get why it helps the producers really. I just can't buy this music at all it seems...

ihastingsmakeup thank you - I will try that. I hope that they will refund me.

Thank you all for responding. I feel better just knowing that I am not alone!

lhastingsmakeup Sun 22-Apr-18 22:22:03

Yes Apple tend to just instantly give refunds.

Also iTunes isn’t indicative of the entire Mac experience, it’s just a poorly optimised program. I prefer my MacBook over using windows (which I use daily for work)

FreudianSlurp Sun 22-Apr-18 22:24:21

If you're using Windows, I recommend MediaMonkey. It can convert almost everything (including iTunes formats).

bungaloid Sun 22-Apr-18 22:24:21

iTunes hasn't done DRM for a while now. Use something like dBPowerAmp to convert to mp3, should be possible.

badger2005 Sun 22-Apr-18 23:07:59

Bungaloid!!!! Thank you!!! You have solved everything. I have downloaded a free trial of dBPowerAmp and it can convert things. I will convert everything, and then not buy again from itunes (Ihastingsmakeup I hear you, I should not abandon apple necessarily, just itunes) and I can totally stop complaining.

FreudianSlurp thank you too. I may try that once the poweramp thing trial ends.

Mumsnet is really brilliant. You go on for a rant, and end up with your problems solved. Anything I can do for you all to say thank you?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: