Talk

Advanced search

To be nervous nobody will turn up to the party?

(8 Posts)
DaisyGiveMeYourAnswerDoo Fri 20-Apr-18 21:35:24

Disclaimer: anxiety (diagnosed).

I have those horrible pre party nerves that nobody will turn up to my DDs party tomorrow. She's only turning 3, but is birthday party obsessed and has spoke about it for weeks on end. Every morning she asks if it's her party today.

Only had about 5 RSVPs back from nursery, and quite a few (about 8-10) of my friends kids are supposed to be coming. But I'm so anxious it's not going to be the party she's dreamt of. It's a massive hall, and I've done loads of food and party bags so worried we'll look a bit silly if only 3 or 4 kids come.

Mumsnet, talk some sense into me. She'll love it either way, won't she? And some people are bound to turn up, aren't they?

<lightheartedish> I know she's only little and probably won't even remember. But we've had a tough year and she's been so excited.

Ginger1982 Fri 20-Apr-18 21:46:58

Loads of threads on here with mums stressing over this exact point. No matter who turns up she will still have a great day.

Fruitcorner123 Fri 20-Apr-18 21:49:45

Trust me she will love it whatever. She has no idea how many you invited anyway. I did a party in my house when DD1 was 3. Invited about 7 kids but only 4 could come. They had a fab time.

If you have everyone's number you could always send out a "looking forward to seeing you tomorrow..." text. That will jog people's memories if they have forgotten.

Hope she has a fab time.

MollyDaydream Fri 20-Apr-18 21:50:30

5 or 6 friends, balloons, cake and musical statues is a party for a 3 year old.

Rainbowqueeen Fri 20-Apr-18 21:54:13

I would always stress about this too.

But yes people will definitely come and she will have a ball.

If you are worried about looking silly with too much food etc, put a very long tablecloth on the table and hide some of the food and party bags underneath to bring out later if they are needed rather than having it all out on display

I hope she has a wonderful day and that you enjoy it too

fabulous01 Fri 20-Apr-18 21:55:00

Omg that is me. We invited 20 as I have twins and it is their first party at 3 years old
And ... one is sick. I have fingers and toes crossed that they are both ok for Sunday ...they have been excited for weeks

And this is the easy age ...

Angie169 Fri 20-Apr-18 22:02:09

I remember a similar thing happening to me when I was about 6/7 it was my birthday and only two turned up for the party ( at our home ) , my very fast thinking dad said this was a very special day with lots of 'happys' ( a term we used for anything good ) just for me and my two friends so that I did not have to share my Happys with other children.
It certainly work for me and my friends

Ginger1982 Sun 22-Apr-18 14:44:25

How did it go?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: