Talk

Advanced search

To think that THIS is being unreasonable?

(10 Posts)
willynillypie Fri 20-Apr-18 16:39:51

Walking down the street today and bump into a member of staff at a restaurant we go to semi-regularly. She stops and rubs my belly and then says "how's baby? Can I touch?" WHILST touching my bump. Is this fine!?! I haven't experienced this before but I felt a little...violated? (can't think of a better word) I feel like this is unreasonable and I was too shocked/didn't want to be rude so I just mumbled a response and walked off - what do people do in this scenario?

JenBarber Fri 20-Apr-18 16:43:03

You have to go full British (even if you're not British).

Tight smile and a little nod. Hopefully they'll go away.

No one ever touched my bump. I must have 'Fuck Off' vibes.

PuppyMonkey Fri 20-Apr-18 16:45:24

It is quite unreasonable but it could have been worse - you could have NOT been pregnant. grin

flowerslemonade Fri 20-Apr-18 17:26:46

Grab her tits and say oh, are these real? Can I touch? What a twat.

Sabaisabai1234 Fri 20-Apr-18 17:37:33

I wouldn't ever do this, because your pregnancy means nothing to me, so I really wouldn't care.

Winterfellismyhome Fri 20-Apr-18 17:39:48

I instinctively slap peoples hands away blush

custardy Fri 20-Apr-18 17:42:16

One of my best friends is pregnant. I can magically stay away from her personal space. IMHO it's family only... as in the baby's father and siblings.

Hillarious Fri 20-Apr-18 17:51:01

JenBarber I think I have fuck off vibes too. Even chuggers don't stop me in the street.

Cheeseandapple Fri 20-Apr-18 17:53:44

Completely unreasonable of her! I've had the same thing from relative strangers but also feel really uncomfortable when people I know better do it. Haven't mastered how to handle it yet as it's always well intentioned but people just don't think how weird it is for the woman attached to the bump!

willynillypie Fri 20-Apr-18 17:56:52

Ok good, I am feeling justified in my annoyance/surprise!

Sabaisabai1234

This is a weird comment - obviously it means nothing to you, we don't know each other confused

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: