Talk

Advanced search

To not want a New Year’s Eve party

(10 Posts)
Bollockstoyou Thu 22-Mar-18 21:59:29

Yes this has already come up in March! Dp wants to have a New Years party at our house, we also have 4 teenagers between us and he’s thinking it would be nice for them to invite a friend too. They would love that, I’m the only kill joy really, we’re getting married this year too and at the moment I’m up to my eyes with that. The thing is none of my close friends or family live anywhere near me, as I’ve moved around both my parents have recently died so I probably wouldn’t invite anyone so would just be his friends and family. Plus all the work that goes into it, plus my health isn’t great I have fibromyalgia and constantly have headaches. No one really understands, I know I’m being selfish aren’t I , should I just do it for everyone once, I just can’t think about it with organising wedding too.

Elliemayclampett Thu 22-Mar-18 22:02:14

I would worry about it nearer the time. Wedding first, next year later.

Leeds2 Thu 22-Mar-18 22:02:20

There is no way on earth I would host a New Year's Eve party, so YANBU at all!
If, as I suspect will happen, DP gets his way and the party goes ahead, tell him that you will not be doing any of the shopping, cooking, cleaning etc in relation to said party, and it will all be up to him. And do not back down.

Fruitcorner123 Thu 22-Mar-18 22:04:34

Why are you worrying about this now? Just say you don't know at the moment and leave it at that.

However a party only needs people and maybe a few nibbles and drinks. It doesn't involve much preparation . I've been to NYE parties that were planned on 30th Dec.

Amanduh Thu 22-Mar-18 22:05:20

It’s March.
I doubt teenagers are planning 9.5 months ahead.
Either would any normal person

ThePinkOcelot Thu 22-Mar-18 22:08:53

Far too early to even give it head room!

5foot5 Thu 22-Mar-18 22:11:07

Forget it for a few months.

When it comes up again (surely no sooner than early December) tell him that you will be delighted for him to throw a party and will treat yourself to a new frock and a hair appointment. Then let him get on with the organization and the work involved

Bollockstoyou Thu 22-Mar-18 22:16:29

It’s not being planned it’s being discussed, I’m just getting it off my chest now and also yeh the kids are already talking about it lol

kimanda Thu 22-Mar-18 22:31:33

Can you book a travelodge for the night? Don't know what area you're in but you may get a cheap night if you book now.

Then you can leave them to it.

Bollockstoyou Thu 22-Mar-18 22:40:34

I like that idea grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: