Talk

Advanced search

Coke or Pepsi in alcholic beverage

(53 Posts)
tulipsforeveryone Sat 17-Mar-18 16:33:35

I was offered coke and southern comfort and said yes.
When it was served to me, it was pepsi.

I said thank you but then declined the drink.

Is this rude? I just can't drink spirits with pepsi...must be coke lol

Thesmallthings Sat 17-Mar-18 16:34:50

It is rude

I'd have sucked it up for the one drink

Plump82 Sat 17-Mar-18 16:35:03

I've never thought of it. Probably because ive never been given pepsi. But not I am thinking about I don't think it would work! I agree, it needa to be coke!

LittleMissNaice Sat 17-Mar-18 16:35:56

In a bar? Fine. At a friends house? Rude

IHaveBrilloHair Sat 17-Mar-18 16:37:40

It's rude.
Coke is generally the name for any cola, if you needed it to be actual Coke you should have checked first.

Spoog1971xx Sat 17-Mar-18 16:39:08

I can't stand Pepsi. Most places correct you if you ask for Coke.
Don't go to Las Vegas. For some reason everywhere did Pepsi

TheBrilliantMistake Sat 17-Mar-18 16:43:20

Used to drink coke, now drink pepsi. Recently tasted coke again and it was awful. I've no doubt you can attune your tastes if you force yourself to endure the opposite drink for a short while before getting accustomed to it.

No different to dropping sugar or milk from tea / coffee. You soon get used to it.

saltandvinegarcrisps1 Sat 17-Mar-18 16:44:34

Pepsi max all the way!

Sparklingbrook Sat 17-Mar-18 16:57:03

I would have been thrilled because I prefer Pepsi.

Can't say I would turn Coke and Southern Comfort down though because it wasn't Pepsi, especially if it was already served. confused Did you have a cup of tea instead?

Was this in a pub?

KellyBailey Sat 17-Mar-18 17:00:21

Why are there so many coke v pepsi threads today?

TheBrilliantMistake Sat 17-Mar-18 17:00:37

Coke is generally the name for any cola, if you needed it to be actual Coke you should have checked first.

Hmmm. In my opinion it's the other way around.
Coke is a specific trademark and brand, and 'cola' is the generic term. Coca Cola and Pepsi Cola. If you ask for a cola, it's ambiguous, if you ask for Coke it means Coca Cola. If you ask for a Coke in a bar, most bartenders will inform you if they only have Pepsi.

BarbaraofSevillle Sat 17-Mar-18 18:02:44

If it was a bar it would have been crappy post mix anyway but they should have told you it wasn't coke.

I sent back a g&t once because they put diet tonic in it without asking. It's the lies and assumptions I can't stand. Some people like a specific thing so it should be clear what you are getting and you should get what you ask for.

Selling Pepsi as coke is unacceptable, just like those who try to pass off shitey spread as butter because some people call anything that is spread on bread butter even when it's not.

Snowysky20009 Sat 17-Mar-18 18:04:11

Pepsi is horrible. Only coke should go with alcoholic drinks.

TheNaze73 Sat 17-Mar-18 18:06:58

I agree Snowsky

Pepsi is rank

Buster72 Sat 17-Mar-18 18:08:01

The mix in the drink is to make the alcohol watered down and does not add to or detract from the taste whether Coke or Pepsi.

GreatDuckCookery Sat 17-Mar-18 18:10:08

Where was this? confused

Agree Pepsi is awful. Coca Cola's poor relation.

magicstar1 Sat 17-Mar-18 18:11:08

Doesn’t bother me once it’s not diet. Three times recently I was give rum and Diet Coke when I’d asked for Coke. Wrecks my head.

MongerTruffle Sat 17-Mar-18 18:12:07

Coke is generally the name for any cola
Cola is the generic name, Coke is a trademark of The Coca-Cola Company.

tulipsforeveryone Sat 17-Mar-18 18:33:07

I shall divulge.
It was at my partners house who knows categorically that I prefer coke.
I don't drink coke a lot, just in my rum & coke or southern comfort.

@ihavebrillohair I did ask before they served if they had coke, which they said yes.

The killer was when I went to pour the comfort back in the bottle , a full coke bottle was in the cupboard.

Anyway I had tea instead smile

IHaveBrilloHair Sat 17-Mar-18 18:51:39

Actually Monger, I disagree, in day to day life, coke is the name for that type of drink.

RusholmeRuffian Sat 17-Mar-18 18:59:41

When I ask for coke in bar, they usually warn me if it's Pepsi and so they should. Coke is Coca-Cola. It's a brand name, not a generic term for Cola.

Earlyup Sat 17-Mar-18 19:22:06

Coke IS a brand name, but I also use it commonly to refer to whatever cola is on offer, rather like doing the 'hoovering'.

I much prefer Coke to Pepsi but in his scenario would just have drunk it.

Goldenbug Sat 17-Mar-18 19:25:32

I seem to remember a fact about Coca-Cola/Coke being the only product with 2 registered brand names.

TheBrilliantMistake Sat 17-Mar-18 19:30:09

Nah, loads have multiple names. Marathon and Snickers ran in parallel for a while.

TenancyTroublesAgain Sat 17-Mar-18 21:02:44

Is this a thread inspired by my thread? grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: