Talk

Advanced search

Need washing machine ASAP!

(13 Posts)
NomsQualityStreets Sat 17-Mar-18 12:56:10

Posting for traffic.

Ours has just given in, it's over 10 years old and has been fixed 3 times in the last 6 months so I'm writing it off.

Need a budget friendly washing machine that performs well as ours is on most of the time thanks to 2 little DCs. Looking at AO.com as they do next day delivery and I'm desperate for it due to the huge pile of washing mounting up.

Any recommendations please?

PrettyLittIeThing Sat 17-Mar-18 12:57:36

Why not just look at reviews on washing machines? confused

LillyputLane Sat 17-Mar-18 13:50:02

Ebac!

British made, virtually noise free and ours came with a TEN YEAR guarantee!

It's also the best washing machine I've had.

BMW6 Sat 17-Mar-18 14:03:39

My slimline Bosch has never broken down in 10 years of use.

TeddyBee Sat 17-Mar-18 15:13:34

The Beko I just bought was cheap, arrived speedily from the Co-op and has thus far been a delight. Does so much better in the quick wash than my last Hotpoint, which cost twice as much, and doesn’t seem to have the same insatiable appetite for socks.

TheFairyCaravan Sat 17-Mar-18 15:15:53

I’d get a Bosch. Definitely avoid Hotpoint the last one we had was so bad the engineer was here almost every month. In the end it was written off by the insurance and we bought our Bosch.

We used Ao.Com, they’re excellent.

YetAnotherUser Sat 17-Mar-18 15:23:44

Bosch used to be synonymous with quality, but they've since gone down market to capture a bigger market share.

Perhaps check out: www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/forumsphpbb3/buying-advice.html

It's been a while since I bought my last washing machine, but when I did some research the general consensus seemed to be that decent machines were about the £500 mark, and that to go for one that came with a 5year warranty.

ikeepaforkinmypurse Sat 17-Mar-18 15:25:51

Miele if you can afford it, Bosh otherwise are ok. The issue with newer models is that they are "economical" and the cycles last for hours! A quick 15mn wash doesn't wash properly and doesn't rinse enough, but gone are the standard 1 hour was

ZigZagIntoTheBlue Sat 17-Mar-18 15:25:51

I've bought one today from AO - £259 Candy one, 7kg drum and 1600 rpm spin. Added the extra to get them to take the old one away with them smile

Mrsramsayscat Sat 17-Mar-18 15:27:07

I always buy Bosch ones. Not too cheap, not too expensive. Middle price bracket, easy to use and reliable.

Allthewaves Sat 17-Mar-18 15:30:53

John lewis own brand used to get good reviews

tillytrotter1 Sat 17-Mar-18 15:31:29

We were told to look at how the Bosch doors are hung, the cheapish ones are not built to German standards. We had a Sieman's dishwasher once which was very good, between Miele and cheaper Bosch pricewise. AO were very good when we were setting up our daughter's flat.

NomsQualityStreets Sat 17-Mar-18 17:10:32

Thanks everyone! Ended up going for a HotPoint one, it needed to be a maximum of £400 and it was £369 plus got an extra 10% off as there was an offer code, so I got a new kettle blush

It's an 8kg vs our old 5kg one and it's 10cm less depth wise so will fit nicely and snug under the worktop - the old one sticks out.
It also has some special approved wool setting, I think either way it will be better than what we've had so far.

And it's black so will look a lot better in our kitchen than our beat up rusty white one.
It's arriving tomorrow so hopefully won't drown under the mountain of washing by then!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: