Talk

Advanced search

To hate the fact it is snowing today? Do you have snow?

(130 Posts)
speakout Sat 17-Mar-18 07:27:02

Normally a huge snow lover what we had a couple of weeks ago was just too much. Cost me £400 and snowed in for days.
And now it's snowing again- and it it lying.

I am in the mood for bunny hopping egg rolling sunny day type weather- not this!!

whirlygirly Sat 17-Mar-18 07:31:06

I hear you. We had a trip to a lovely seaside town planned today. I was stupidly excited.

Instead we've got torrential rain, snow forecast for later and I'm out of pocket as we keep booking holidays.

Where is spring? sad

MongerTruffle Sat 17-Mar-18 07:31:40

We have no snow today and I'm devastated. We haven't had "proper" snow for about fifteen years.

BrieAndChilli Sat 17-Mar-18 07:32:41

Oh god I’m freaking out!!! Please tell me the snow won’t be too bad?
It’s just DS1 age 11 has just left to go to Birmingham to the science fair with his friend and mum. DH and DS2 age 7 are at beavers camp about an hour away and DD age 9 is at Cubs camp about 30 min away (thankfully both camps are in proper buildings not tents!!)
I WAS looking forward to a whole day to myself but now I’m going to stress that all my family are going to be stuck in various places!

AlonsoTigerHeart Sat 17-Mar-18 07:33:44

Very small flakes in Reading.
I'm done with winter

AnarchyKitty Sat 17-Mar-18 07:34:12

No snow here either. It's a beautiful blue sky kind of a day here in West Coast Scotland.

MolliewithOllie Sat 17-Mar-18 07:36:52

sleet here (minor whiteout) with a biting east wind (b from the E returns smile ) in Herefordshire. Hope there are no 3 foot drifts like the last lot.

Shredtheevidence Sat 17-Mar-18 07:37:04

It can fuck off to the far side of fuck. I am sore, pregnant and my loft filled with snow last time and I can't face it happening again!

Juanbablo Sat 17-Mar-18 07:38:36

Starting to snow here, near Reading, like Alonso. We live in a village on top of a hill, surrounded by hills so getting anywhere in the snow is really difficult. It's dd's birthday celebration tomorrow so I really don't want it to snow.

frasier Sat 17-Mar-18 07:38:37

It was forecast but I’m in bed and haven’t looked out of the window yet.

whatalifethisis Sat 17-Mar-18 07:40:04

Just started here in Kent. Daughter stayed with us last night and is terrified of the prospect of being snowed in with her parents!

Spudlet Sat 17-Mar-18 07:40:05

We've had a dusting, hoping that's where it stops. I was really enjoying some Spring weather, was out in the garden for hours yesterday with DS. Not feeling any joy at the prospect of being snowed in again! I think it's just supposed to be short and sharp this time though - back to being a bit warmer by Tuesday just the weekend knackered then.

wendz86 Sat 17-Mar-18 07:40:45

Starting to lay on the grass, cars etc here but not on roads thankfully. I can't be bothered with it.

abbsisspartacus Sat 17-Mar-18 07:41:56

It's just started snowing here dd is off to comicon with her friends on the train shortly I'm hoping it won't be bad enough for train cancellations or I'm going to be collecting a car full of teenagers hyperactive ones and trying to get them home

monkeysee100 Sat 17-Mar-18 07:42:01

We always shop on the weekend. The snow is early, I don't drive and DH has a few last night and sensibly wants to wait to make sure he's not over the limit. I don't panic but but we do need food!

And I'm meant to be going out tonight!

youngestisapsycho Sat 17-Mar-18 07:43:16

It’s snowing here in West London 🙁

MissSueFlay Sat 17-Mar-18 07:44:29

A group of us were supposed to be running a half marathon on Sunday - it's been cancelled because of the 'risk to life' warning from the Met Office and I bet it doesn't even snow here

Teateaandmoretea Sat 17-Mar-18 07:44:35

We don't as yet and I hope it stays that way. We've had 3 proper lots this year here, by 2 weeks ago the DC were like 'not again' angry hmm.

Strax Sat 17-Mar-18 07:44:58

Its due to snow here later (Somerset) but nothing yet. The ground is so wet though I doubt it will stick for long.
My youngest was also sick overnight so the party she was due to go to today is off the cards anyway 🙄

StealthPolarBear Sat 17-Mar-18 07:47:38

Light snow up here in county Durham. I don't think it's forecast to last.

Toomanynamestaken Sat 17-Mar-18 07:49:20

Anyone in London? We're meant to travel in to central Londom for an event tomorrow - going in by train. What's it looking like?

LunaDoot Sat 17-Mar-18 07:49:20

I dried two loads of washing outside yesterday, and now back to snow!

LittleLionMansMummy Sat 17-Mar-18 07:56:34

We have snow. I love snow. But it has no place in mid-March!

woodhill Sat 17-Mar-18 08:00:13

Yes really upset as I was meant to be meeting up with relatives and I would have to drive a distance so too risky

Stylinson Sat 17-Mar-18 08:01:33

Just started snowing in South London. Massive flakes and snowing hard but the ground is very wet so not sure it will settle

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: