Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to bypass him?

(6 Posts)
meladeso Tue 13-Mar-18 22:35:06

the "he" is a travel agent.

We used him (once) a few years back. The trip he got us cost us overall less than we could find the component parts ourselves. So that was great. And nice having it "managed" from one point, so we didn't have to think, were met with transfers, etc, etc.

I've just asked him again for help with another (simpler) trip. Great options have come through, that have found things we hadn't ourselves.

But i've shopped around on the ones i like and i THINK i could book it direct for 2-300 pounds less. which is a lot! about 10%.

so AIBU to do it without him?
do i level with him (he's lovely) and see if he can match it / tell me what i'm not seeing?
do i book it myself and say nothing?
do i book it through him and pay more for the benefits i hope that brings?
do something else i haven't thought of?

advice appreciated - i don't want to disregard his effort and the value he may add, but i also don't want to pay unnecessarily.

Happy to be told i'm BU if i am!

Yarboosucks Tue 13-Mar-18 22:57:23

Tell him, see if he can match it and if he can't book direct. Don't squander money out of a false sense of obligation!

meladeso Tue 13-Mar-18 23:03:40

Thanks Yarboo that's how I feel but I can't work out if that's mean?! That sounds daft when I write it down

meladeso Tue 13-Mar-18 23:16:03

I just feel like I have no idea how this works, the whole estate agent thing!

Yarboosucks Wed 14-Mar-18 00:15:06

Never book a holiday with an estate agent! grin

meladeso Wed 14-Mar-18 00:37:17

Haha doh!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: