Talk

Advanced search

Neighbours dog shitting on my lawn

(13 Posts)
Choklitdoknut Tue 13-Mar-18 15:37:57

So I have a front lawn, constantly finding dog shit on it. I don't have a dog. Several people down the road just let their dogs roam on my lawn. Husband managed to catch someone in the act today with dog mid shit, opened the window and said:

Excuse me (man looks and turns back)
Excuse me!
Oi!
Dickhead! (I wish he hasn't done this)

Man kicks off,pulls our window open saying he's going to smash husbands face in for calling him a dickhead. Husband says you are on private property why Is your dog shitting on here. Man says he can't stop his dog going where he wants (on a lead) and he can do what he likes as long as he picks it up. Husband explains our children are constantly getting poo on their shoes and clothes from poo still being smeared on our grass. Man says lots of rude threatening things and strops off swearing.

What do I do??he only lives 4 houses down and I'm worried about our reputation and if he does anything to our cars or family.

WhatWouldLeslieKnopeDo Tue 13-Mar-18 15:40:44

Yuck.

Presumably you don't have a fence or anything. Would a small chain link fence or some bushes along the edge of the lawn be an option? That might put people off.

Choklitdoknut Tue 13-Mar-18 15:42:26

I checked, we aren't allowed anything at all because there's no pavement next to the garden. It literally is just my garden then a road.

BiscuitCrumbs44 Tue 13-Mar-18 15:42:50

As a dog owner who has encountered this kind of idiot before - don't worry. He won't do anything.

We never let our dog mess on other people's private property - it's easy to pull them away, and you can usually tell when they're about to 'go'.

This is really bad ownership.

If you are really worried, keep a note of the date/time, and if there are any other incidents you can report him. Could you put a small border around your garden?

Or offer to walk other people's dogs, and stop by his garden..!

Handsfull13 Tue 13-Mar-18 15:44:49

If you don't have pets yourself then I would line your garden with chilli powder. Pets hate the smell and will actively avoid crossing it.

Choklitdoknut Tue 13-Mar-18 16:23:05

Thanks, My worry is more about the guys reaction. Was my husband being unreasonable??

donners312 Tue 13-Mar-18 16:29:40

No!!!!!

That guy is totally disgusting.

Aprilmightmemynewname Tue 13-Mar-18 16:31:08

Does he have a regular walk time? Be out hosing your lawn....

FlyingMonkeys Tue 13-Mar-18 16:31:45

No your husband wasn't unreasonable. CF neighbour was blatantly ignoring him whilst knowing exactly what the issue was. He's probably all mouth and just got stroppy due to being pulled up on his behaviour.

If he escalates it I'd snap a picture of the dog mid shit and cheerfully inform him I'd be happy to inform the dog warden so he'll get a lovely fine.

YBR Tue 13-Mar-18 16:35:42

Plant a low prickly hedge. That will stop the dickheads dogs.

Whoville Tue 13-Mar-18 16:46:51

Could you replace your lawn with some sharp bark chippings with a couple of low/creeper plants for some greenery? No dog shit and no needed to mow the lawn grin

Choklitdoknut Tue 13-Mar-18 19:27:49

I can't do anything as we are only renting sad I feel like doing a poo and putting it on his lawn.

Oh and my husband said "can I come and shit on your lawn then?"
And the man said "yes if you pick it up" what....??

ElephantsYeah Tue 13-Mar-18 19:33:42

Gather up all the smeared bits and post it through his letterbox.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: