Talk

Advanced search

To ask why Boris Johnson does not tidy up his hair?

(49 Posts)
bobstersmum Tue 13-Mar-18 12:35:07

He really does look a state, why does he not comb it at least?

HollyBayTree Tue 13-Mar-18 12:37:11

I quite like the come-back-to-bed look.

You wouldnt be criticising a woman like this.

Aridane Tue 13-Mar-18 12:38:44

Hell yeah, I’d criticise a woman with Boris hair!

HollyBayTree Tue 13-Mar-18 12:41:05

In seriousness, there was a filler piece with his barber on the evening news, an election or two ago, his hair is uncontrollable and he runs his hands through it all the time. So its going to stick up.

Im never very fond of body shaming threads.

FifiVoldemortsChavvyCousin Tue 13-Mar-18 12:42:58

He likes that it makes him look ‘adorable and scatty’. Apparently his dad has the same.

If he cut it short it would be tidy but he does not want to.

Oooeeeerrrrrindeed Tue 13-Mar-18 12:43:07

? Does it make a goddam difference to you? He's not a hairdresser.

FloydOnThePull Tue 13-Mar-18 12:43:38

You wouldnt be criticising a woman like this

Thanks for the reminder, I haven't yet today criticised the woman from food unwrapped that looks like she cuts her hair with a blunt lawn mower.

With Boris, it's all part of his thing. Nothing worse than not being talked about!

TossDaily Tue 13-Mar-18 12:44:20

It's his 'thing'.

Creates the 'cuddly Boris' illusion so nobody notices his horrible politics, overarching self-interest and cut-throat ambition.

ChelleDawg2020 Tue 13-Mar-18 12:45:29

And there was me thinking it's only female politicians who get their appearance ridiculed or made the subject of debate.

gamerwidow Tue 13-Mar-18 12:45:40

I think it serves his purposes to present himself as an affable buffoon. It allows a lot of really nasty stuff to pass under the radar because ‘hes just a laugh isn’t he’.

Globetrotter100 Tue 13-Mar-18 12:45:56

IMHO quite literally everything about this guy is a mess: professionally, personally...his hair must fall quite far down the list.

DullAndOld Tue 13-Mar-18 12:46:41

I agree with Gamerwidow, it is carefully cultivated to look messy to detract attention from his politics.

MsRinky Tue 13-Mar-18 12:46:59

Yes, it is definitely part of his schtick. Vile man.

Globetrotter100 Tue 13-Mar-18 12:48:13

And also what gamerwidow said. He's an international embarrassment with a track record of lies as long as my hair. Which is long, and unlike Boris's, beautifully maintained.

frankchickens Tue 13-Mar-18 12:49:24

YABU who gives a fuck?

k2p2k2tog Tue 13-Mar-18 12:51:00

It's his trademark! He wouldn't be Boris if he were all groomed and neat.

cucaracha Tue 13-Mar-18 12:51:14

It's his thing, nothing wrong with that. He is trying quite hard not to show that he is actually very clever.

Not sure about Trump's hair frankly, but of all the things we can criticise, these are not one

PistFump Tue 13-Mar-18 12:52:57

He likes it like that. He spoke at an event I ran years ago and deliberately scruffed it up before going on stage.

MrsSchadenfreude Tue 13-Mar-18 12:54:42

He clutches his hair and fluffs it about when he’s reading something. Even The Sun.

user1471596238 Tue 13-Mar-18 12:55:15

I always assumed that it is part of his 'image'. Trump and Johnson both like to stand out and having that kind of hairstyle is very much 'look at me'.

beguilingeyes Tue 13-Mar-18 12:58:42

A thing on Twitter today said that now would be a really good time for someone other than Boris Johnson to be Foreign Secretary.

Ain't that the truth.

DannyLaRuesBestFrock Tue 13-Mar-18 13:01:13

He spoke at an event I ran years ago and deliberately scruffed it up before going on stage

I've seen him do this also. It's all for show.

DalekDalekDalek Tue 13-Mar-18 13:06:13

It's his hair. I wouldn't want anyone telling me what to do with my hair.

LifeBeginsAtGin Tue 13-Mar-18 13:14:20

His sister said it uncontrollable - all the family suffer with it.

Eolian Tue 13-Mar-18 13:20:26

I'm no Boris fan, but maybe it's because it's part of his image, maybe because he (quite rightly) doesn't think his hair is very important. It would be good if there were a lot less focus on public figures' appearance andd fashion sense (particularly women's). It's trivial and an unnecessary distraction from concentrating on their words and actions. HollyBayTree - are you honestly suggesting that women come under less fire for their appearance than men??!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: