Advanced search

Aibu to book a docs appointment

(11 Posts)
Sealant Tue 13-Mar-18 07:33:38

My DD is 10 weeks today and has been suffering with a cold for about two weeks. It was getting better but yesterday she started coughing and sneezing more.

Yesterday aftern

Sealant Tue 13-Mar-18 07:35:10

Sorry hit post too soon...

Yesterday afternoon I got a really sore throat and can barely swallow.

My DP wants me to get us both to the docs today, but I hate going and wasting everyone’s time.

AIBU to book an appointment?

Sealant Tue 13-Mar-18 07:37:31

Sorry I should also add we had her 8 week jabs a week and half ago and the doc checked and advised that the cold wasn’t on her chest.

UserSnoozer Tue 13-Mar-18 07:39:01

Yeah best go and get her checked, especially if it's affecting breathing enough to start coughing

DinahMo Tue 13-Mar-18 07:41:37

If it was just you, then I’d agree with you, but with a very young infant I wouldn’t mind at all if I had to wait longer for my own appointment so you can get checked out. You wouldn’t be wasting anyone’s time. Tiny babies are exactly who the ‘emergency’ on the day appointments should be for.

Hope you are both on the mend soon flowers

Sirzy Tue 13-Mar-18 07:43:19

If your in doubt about the baby always get checked.

I wouldn’t book for an otherwise healthy adult with a sore throat for less than 24 hours though

Marmalady75 Tue 13-Mar-18 07:44:49

Go and see the GP. It’ll put your mind at rest.

Sealant Tue 13-Mar-18 09:10:18

Thanks everyone. No same day appointments left at the docs so will need to go walk in clinic now.

Part of me still feels it’s over the top to go but I think I do want some reassurance she’s ok.

WellLetsSayHesSquare Tue 13-Mar-18 13:20:56

Please do not feel guilty about getting her checked out. They get poorly so quickly at that age and I have always been reassured by docs that they would rather see them than not.

letsdolunch321 Tue 13-Mar-18 13:23:37

It is never over the top where little people are concerned. Better to be safe than sorry.

Hope you are seen quickly

noshitsherloc Tue 13-Mar-18 13:47:36

I know you're sorted this time, but just to add I've learned with DS, whose now 18 months, if you're not sure about something or you just want them checked, ALWAYS go! My gp and out or hours drs have always said they want to see young children if you're at all concerned and not wasting anyone's time. I'm a lot more relaxed about it now, always better to check!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now