Talk

Advanced search

Aibu to feel let down

(13 Posts)
MerryShitmas Tue 13-Mar-18 07:01:38

Because I do sad very ill with Ross river virus (also known as epidemic polyathritis or Ross river fever). I can barely move and do anything for myself spent most of the day crying I have very limited use of my hands Dh who's usually lovely went out at 4pm it's now 5 he's Text me to say that he's staying out with some co workers and will be home at 8 by the latest but I sent him out to get painkillers for me I know he had to nip to work (pick up his wages) there's no need to be going for bloody drinks ffs picking up his pay is a 30 second job he's done many times before but now I have to wait longer for these and I'm in so so much pain, Aibu to be upset?

I might be being a bit sensitive because in a lot of pain and he has been mean to me today he shouted at me for crying (because of the pain) and spent 2 hours napping then 4 hours gaming while I was left for 20 mins on the floor in agony as I couldn't get off the sofa to go for a pee and fell I managed to get myself up with my elbows but it was excruciating I wanted him to help me up but despite me screaming he did not come. So I'm quite teary and upset anyway.

MrsPicklesonSmythe Tue 13-Mar-18 07:04:13

Yanbu. He seems to have forgotten the ‘in sickness and health’ part of his vows and needs and big kick up the backside. flowers hope you feel better soon

Shedmicehugh1 Tue 13-Mar-18 07:09:38

Are you joking?

MerryShitmas Tue 13-Mar-18 07:14:46

Wish I was joking feel like crap.
Thanks for flowers mrs star

GreatDuckCookery Tue 13-Mar-18 07:14:54

He's usually lovely? Somehow I doubt that after yesterday's performance.

You poor thing, I have never heard of this virus. Have you seen your GP? I hope your H pulls his socks up and takes care of you now.

Isadora2007 Tue 13-Mar-18 07:18:50

In what way is he usually lovely???

In the way of when your are well and doing things for and with him he treats you okay?

That’s not the true measure of someone. We all know when things are good it’s easy to have people around you who are good. But it’s when things are bad you see the true side of someone. And that true side of your husband is beyond belief and is cruel, nasty, selfish and just awful.

Can you go home to your parents for a bit? Or to a good friend?

MerryShitmas Tue 13-Mar-18 07:19:45

It's today (AEST time) 5:20pm now yes I've been to my doctor, with my diagnosis I was pretty much told nothing we can do heres some ibuprofen and good luck. There's no cure/treatment for it just painkillers, rest and getting through it but I took my last ibuprofen 6 hours ago.
it's not in the UK though I believe, it's native to Australia and spreads from animal to human via mosquitos.

TanteRose Tue 13-Mar-18 07:21:47

not another one!
I am astounded at how many so-called "partners" turn into complete arseholes when their other half is ill.

you poor thing - as PP have said, is there somewhere you can go to recuperate?

MerryShitmas Tue 13-Mar-18 07:23:17

He's usually lovely, I swear. That's part of why I'm so upset he's honestly never like this - I'm rarely ill but the last time I was a couple years back he was remarkably different, stuck to me like glue watched shit TV all day and got me anything I needed with a smile. He's lovely day to day, too. Breakfast in bed every few weeks, nothing too much trouble, equal partner in general (whether it's financially or house work etc, in fact with the latter he does more than me) generally a very selfless and thoughtful man... I feel upset and blindsided.

MerryShitmas Tue 13-Mar-18 07:26:04

Unfortunately not. I don't have any family local, but ds is with a childminder it's not because Dh has refused to look after him or anything, but because I don't want ds to see me like this, but I can see why I made a great decision in advance. I'd have been so humiliated if my son had seen some of the things that have happened today. It does also mean I don't have to look after ds while I'm ill though as now I can see Dh certainly would not have been helpful

GreatDuckCookery Tue 13-Mar-18 07:33:05

That's bizarre then OP. I have no idea why he's being like this if he's usually as you describe.

MadMags Tue 13-Mar-18 08:40:21

It’s easy to be “lovely” to a partner when she’s not relying on you or needing you to put her first!

Idontdowindows Tue 13-Mar-18 09:34:25

That is utterly bizarre, he is definitely not a lovely man. Is he home yet? Do you have painkillers now?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: