Advanced search

To want to look after myself like I look after others.

(18 Posts)
Pukepukepuke Sun 11-Mar-18 21:44:11

I had to go to hospital today because I couldn’t breathe properly and was wheezing. Had I heard this on anyone else I would have demanded they go immediately but I’ve struggled on and made myself iller. Have antibiotics now but I’ve made a decision to try and be kind to myself. I’m going away with the kids just me and them and am thinking of making myself a little hamper of things to open at night like face masks and mini wines. Any ideas?

UpstartCrow Sun 11-Mar-18 21:46:02

Make time to do what you love, in my case I make time to read every day. And I go outside every clear night to look at the stars.

ssd Sun 11-Mar-18 21:47:40

good for you! I'd suggest, nail varnish, feet creme, nice magazine, posh chocs

am sure others will think of better things

have a great time

Pumperthepumper Sun 11-Mar-18 21:48:22

You should definitely do this! Mine would have chocolate raisins, Tyrell’s salt and vinegar crisps, a bottle of merlot...and sorry about this but some edemame beans or carrot sticks because I love them. And a new book. Excellent idea, I hope you feel better soon flowers

Pukepukepuke Sun 11-Mar-18 21:51:26

Yes one of those foot sock things! And I love edamame, and yes a new book and an actual book not just a kindle one

ShortandAnnoying Sun 11-Mar-18 21:55:11

We went in Lush today an bought some smellies. Something from there might be nice in your hamper.

NailsNeedDoing Sun 11-Mar-18 22:07:39

Do it! You deserve to look after yourself. Part of the fun should be time spent choosing some things for yourself, so make some time to shop, even if only online.

TheresSomebodyAtTheDoor Sun 11-Mar-18 22:18:47

Great idea! More of us should do this!

I've just downloaded 'Insight Timer', it's a brilliant app with tons of different meditation/ relaxation tracks, some only 1 minute, others over half an hour.
There's ones to help get to sleep, to feel more content, to feel more accepting of our bodies etc. I'm addicted after a few days!

velourvoyageur Mon 12-Mar-18 01:02:29

Have you read Roald Dahl's adult short stories OP? Switch Bitch, My Uncle Oswald etc. He wrote loads & they are wickedly hilarious and totally absorbing.

I don't know if you know him but I really like Breakbot, very groovy & feelgood electrofunk, he does lots of brill remixes but also has two albums out, if you're looking for chill & interesting tunes to listen to.

If you have Netflix I can recommend Dance Academy blush the sun is always shining and it has sweet storylines.

I'm a bit geeky and would also buy a pile of design/arty/travel mags to cut stuff from, dunno if that's your thing, you could make a collage.

Do indeed take care of yourself and have a nice trip!

Pukepukepuke Mon 12-Mar-18 14:02:22

These are great suggestions, love Ronald Dahl!

Pukepukepuke Mon 12-Mar-18 14:02:57

I’m gong to make time for charity shops!

quitecontrary123 Mon 12-Mar-18 14:13:27

Sounds like you deserve it. I'd also pack a snuggly blanket and some mini eggs.

NurseButtercup Mon 12-Mar-18 14:20:45

Some body lotion to slather onto your skin after having a nice soak. Moisturising your body is an all over mini-body massage. Don't forget to moisturise your feet especially in between your toes and the soles of your feet. For a budget purchase I recommend Nivea body lotion.

ssd Tue 13-Mar-18 18:13:53

what about colouring books and pens op?

Pukepukepuke Thu 15-Mar-18 17:58:00

Well these are all brilliant! I’m going to take my wedge pillow and special blanket for sure!

ReasonableLlama Thu 15-Mar-18 18:11:58

Oooh, love this idea.

Could you wrap each treat up in the same size box so you don't know which one you are opening each night?.....or is that taking it too far?

OutyMcOutface Thu 15-Mar-18 18:13:50

Be careful about mixing acohol with anti biopics but if you have finished them I would strongly reccomend hotel chocolate whiskey truffles.

Strokethefurrywall Thu 15-Mar-18 18:23:37

I've been doing more of this. I now have adult coloring books because they're pretty, I'm learning French just because I love the language, I put a face mask on every other day, I'm getting my nails done next week, the list goes on.

In my case, I also always do at least one thing that brings me joy each day. Yoga, long walk, run, meditation, read a book, cook a new meal, eat a steak, drink red wine etc etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now