Talk

Advanced search

Have my only lay in ruined by someone banging and ringing on the door?

(185 Posts)
BrollyDolly Sun 11-Mar-18 09:08:52

Baby free last night as went out for dinner with a friend. Trying to catch up on as much sleep as possible. There was a knock on the door at 8:30. Still asleep so I rolled over. Then comes ringing the door bell multiple times and banging on the door.
I shouted to go away and they did. But it's too late now I'm awake.

Note through door says flowers left with neighbours.
AIBU to be annoyed at this on a Sunday morning and telling them to go away?!

Ubercornsdiscoball Sun 11-Mar-18 09:10:01

Sounds just unfortunate if it was a flower delivery for you. Someone was trying to do something nice

PeppaPigTastesLikeBacon Sun 11-Mar-18 09:10:42

Just unfortunate timing really!

Flutterbyeee Sun 11-Mar-18 09:11:18

Someone tried to do something nice for you for Mother's Day.

hidinginthenightgarden Sun 11-Mar-18 09:12:49

Yabu. Someone sent you flowers and the delivery person was trying to deliver them.
You were rude to tell them to go away.

GreenOr Sun 11-Mar-18 09:14:41

Ah, I bet if you’d known it was flowers you would have opened the door.
I bet that delivery person has a busy day today, just a shame you were at the beginning of their list!

LoveManyTrustfew Sun 11-Mar-18 09:16:13

Spoilt

PeerieBreeks Sun 11-Mar-18 09:16:38

Awww you poor thing. Someone thought enough of you to get flowers delivered for mothers day. The bastard.

IceBearRocks Sun 11-Mar-18 09:17:22

YABVVU and a bit of a brat !

LoveEricLove Sun 11-Mar-18 09:18:12

This might win MN Mothers day!

pasturesgreen Sun 11-Mar-18 09:18:43

Ooh, someone was attempting to deliver flowers and woke you up. Poor you, I have every sympathy. Not.

Christ, it was 8.30, not bloody 5 in the morning!

MealyPotatoes Sun 11-Mar-18 09:18:54

I think you’re taking the piss.

BillywilliamV Sun 11-Mar-18 09:19:00

At that time on a Sunday morning its unlikely to be nothing, next time I should go down ....really!

Zeelove Sun 11-Mar-18 09:19:16

How rude to shout at someone to go away

AjasLipstick Sun 11-Mar-18 09:19:22

Oh COME ON people! OP I totally get your annoyance. It goes without saying that it's nice to be sent flowers but it also is horrendously typical that they come on your lie in day.

I had this but as I was "protecting" DH's daytime sleep after he'd been on nights.

Some tit of a delivery man felt the need to go BAM BAM BAM! On my front door with a parcel.

FFS! Just knock!

listsandbudgets Sun 11-Mar-18 09:20:01

Never mind OP. Sounds like someone was trying to be kind.

Embrace the opportunity. Make yourself a nice breakfast on a tray, remake your bed and enjoy luxurious breakfast in bed

aurynne Sun 11-Mar-18 09:20:21

Surely a "please do not disturb" on the door would have helped, instead of yelling at a delivery man doing his job?

dancingthroughthedark Sun 11-Mar-18 09:20:25

Someone went to the time and trouble to organise a flower delivery for you on Mother's Day which I doubt came cheap. You sound really ungrateful and your poor neighbour quite possibly did get up to take in your delivery.

GetOffTheTableMabel Sun 11-Mar-18 09:20:26

I feel more sorry for your neighbours. Someone ruined their lie-in to deliver YOUR flowers. Now that would be annoying.....

MyKingdomForBrie Sun 11-Mar-18 09:22:04

Now the neighbour has been woken up! You must have known it was a delivery and that would happen if you didn’t open the door..

NotLinkedInSnowedIn Sun 11-Mar-18 09:22:41

I get it OP

I'm a single parent and nobody will give me flowers but I know that you needs the basics first! If you're sleep deprived and your treat, your REAL treat was SLEEP, then I totally get it. It's nobody's fault but you're just left feeling that you cannot catch a lie in.

RedHelenB Sun 11-Mar-18 09:22:41

Hope your neighbours are enjoying your flowers since their lie in got spoiled. Totally unreasonable!

himalayansalt Sun 11-Mar-18 09:22:48

Ha haaaaaa! So very funny. This should be in classics etc.

NotLinkedInSnowedIn Sun 11-Mar-18 09:24:05

The neighbours mightn't have small DC. I get up at 6.20 five mornings a week but because my children don't wake up at the crack of dawn any more, I get two lie ins a week I guess. I remember what it was like when a lie in was the most precious thing in the world.

TidyDancer Sun 11-Mar-18 09:25:29

8:30 isn't really early. And you were rude. So yeah, YABU.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: