Talk

Advanced search

To wonder why Mr Tod the fox hasn't starved to death yet?

(38 Posts)
lettuceWrap Fri 09-Mar-18 08:08:30

Watching Peter Rabbit with youngest DS yet again, and it occurred to me that he should have starved long ago, he’s pretty useless as an apex predator hmmgrin

Happened Fri 09-Mar-18 08:17:42

You make a good point!

SleepingStandingUp Fri 09-Mar-18 08:18:47

I always think this, Owl too. I can only assume that at night they go out and eat all the less famous rabbits etc

YesItsADebate Fri 09-Mar-18 08:26:06

I’ve definitely seen an episode where he makes a stew with carrots.

YesItsADebate Fri 09-Mar-18 08:26:33

It’s meant to have a rabbit in it but I suppose he takes what he can get.

carryondoctor Fri 09-Mar-18 08:33:55

Ha, if he were a majestic wolf or something, I would agree.

But having lived in central London for many years and seen what the foxes there will eat quite happily - becoming big fat bloated orange things in the process! - this does not surprise me in the least.

He is eating the contents of Mr McGregor’s dustbins.

CigarsofthePharoahs Fri 09-Mar-18 09:33:40

He probably orders in from Ocado.

HobnobBob Fri 09-Mar-18 09:35:48

He probably orders in from Ocado.

Of course he does, look at him! He really is a useless predator, trips over a lot.

VaguelyAware Fri 09-Mar-18 09:36:16

I think I saw an episode in which he ate worms? Or was that Mr Brock...

Maybe he's a breatharian.

Theresasmayshoes11 Fri 09-Mar-18 09:36:25

He’s probably been on our front lawn we feed the foxes chicken every night so chasing that annoying peter is just for the cameras

PrivateParkin Fri 09-Mar-18 09:37:41

He rocks a nice smoking jacket though.

SleepingStandingUp Fri 09-Mar-18 09:39:39

Def an Ocado guy

SnugglySnerd Fri 09-Mar-18 09:41:16

I wish he would just eat that bloody annoying rabbit. We cheer him on in this house!

lettuceWrap Fri 09-Mar-18 09:47:19

grin
I like the Ocado suggestion! Yes, he’s probably evolved beyond actual hunting, that would be for the loser pleb foxes.

lettuceWrap Fri 09-Mar-18 09:51:57

I also like Sleepingstandingup’s suggestion that there’s off-cameras carnage amongst the less famous characters grin

SleepingStandingUp Fri 09-Mar-18 10:57:21

Deep in the woods, Peter spotted a glistening pile of white jewels. As he was a naughty little brat he snook over to take a look, calling over Lily to see if his pile of pilfering would impress her.
"They aren't jewels said Lily horrified. "They're bones. Look!"
As Peter looked around he noticed some tufts of fur littering the floor. A dismembered head was wedged in a hedge nearby
"Uncle Jack! It's Uncle Jack!" screamed Lily. "He was meant to visit bit when he didn't turn up, Daddy said it was because he was a feckless fluff tail!"
"WAS Uncle Jack" muttered Peter rummaging in the leaves.
"Look" called Peter, someone garnished him with Ocado spices! It must be Mr Tod! He's the only one who orders online!! I can't believe he littered!!"
"I know" squeaked Lily. "Nobody loves a litter critter"
"Absolutely" nodded Benjamin sagely. "We only love a litter picker. Pick it up Lily!"
"Hang on" urged Peter, "I reckon I can make this into a dastardly and devious device to trap Mr Tod and get him prosecuted!

Dipitydoda Fri 09-Mar-18 11:17:45

I can imagine him having f&m hampers being delivered in a weekly basis. But on the plus side he’s added the phase en guard to my 5year olds vocabulary 😂. He’s refusing st the moment to believe mr mcgregor ate peters father in a pie though so I’m going to have to go back to the original book, the tv program seems to skirt round the real truths of animal life!

DuggeeHugs Fri 09-Mar-18 11:22:21

He uses Le Creuset bakeware, best china and has a side table. Even Old Brown has commented on "what type of predator has a side table?"

Ocado at a minimum!

PrivateParkin Fri 09-Mar-18 11:37:54

He's probably got a butler.

Okaynowimconfused Fri 09-Mar-18 11:38:51

He needs to dig in straight away rather than prepping stews.

lettuceWrap Fri 09-Mar-18 11:41:04

Sleeping! grin

SleepingStandingUp Fri 09-Mar-18 11:47:38

Glad someone appreciates my literary talents Lettuce. Stay away from the rabbits though...

lettuceWrap Fri 09-Mar-18 12:27:31

Indeed I will!

SleepingStandingUp Fri 09-Mar-18 12:31:14

"Yo, Lils, you wanna come back to mine for brunch?" asked Peter
"Ok sure Peter, what's on the menu?"
"Lettuce Wrap!"
"Oh yummy!"

Across the field, little Gem and Iceberg looked at the door, waiting for their mummy to come home...

lettuceWrap Fri 09-Mar-18 14:50:40

shockgringrin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: