Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to want to scratch DH's eyes out when

(45 Posts)
Sweetfa22 Thu 08-Mar-18 17:46:40

He tries to make words when he burps. He can't just burp like normal people, he has to burp out words like arse or arsehole, or even just the word burp!!! Petty yes, annoying extremely.
Oh and talking whilst yawning makes me want to throat punch him too.
Please tell me it's not just me who has an annoying partner like this (ps we've been married 23 years and I love him dearly despite these failures) 😂

Oysterbabe Thu 08-Mar-18 17:48:12

That's disgusting.

averylongtimeago Thu 08-Mar-18 17:49:08

Is he 6?

BigSandyBalls2015 Thu 08-Mar-18 17:49:47

😂😂

LambMadras Thu 08-Mar-18 17:53:22

My husband does this. It cracks me up!

In a minute some pearl clutchers will be along to tell you he doesn't respect you and you should LTB. grin

Gatehouse77 Thu 08-Mar-18 17:54:54

Nah, I'd find it funny grin
We even try to make them operatic sometimes.

When DD2 was about 4 ish she delighted her nursery school teacher by burping her ABC. Truthfully, I was half embarrassed half amused! Her teacher didn't mind either!

Backtotheoldhouse Thu 08-Mar-18 17:55:58

Mine used to try to make out the word 'warewolf' when he burped. It was quite funny the first time. Then, not so much. Now he often comments on his burps eg 'nice tone I think'. I don't actually.

cloudyweewee Thu 08-Mar-18 17:59:42

My DH used to do this. It all came to a head when he burped 'bollocks' or similar and I told him how much I hated it. When he then burped "SORRY" I was consumed with rage and told him that he was being disrespectful so he stopped doing it.

IWouldLikeToKnow Thu 08-Mar-18 18:21:13

My BIL does this - much to my 3yr old son's great amusement!!!

fluffygreenmonsterhoody Thu 08-Mar-18 18:23:22

Oh God, burping the word burp drives me to distraction. It may have been mildly humorous once, not every time for ten years.

I feel your pain OP!

DianaPrincessOfThemyscira Thu 08-Mar-18 18:24:57

I want to scratch mine’s eyes out when he tells me to calm down.

Burping the alphabet gets a grin or a hmm depending on what mood I’m in! we are also gross and a fart is considered flirting

honeylulu Thu 08-Mar-18 18:25:40

Oh dear, i burp the word bollocks and my husband finds it funny.

ApocalypseNowt Thu 08-Mar-18 18:27:34

I sometimes do this. I can burp on command <proud>

DuckAndPancakes Thu 08-Mar-18 18:31:54

I am the only person in my family that can’t burp. I’ve waited my whole life trying to be able to burp and say bollocks and I can’t.

DD can burp the alphabet.

It annoys me because I can’t.

DannyLaRuesBestFrock Thu 08-Mar-18 18:38:33

Oh god, that would knock me sick.

Why would you be a 'pearl clutcher' if you didn't find it funny?

VimFuego101 Thu 08-Mar-18 18:41:09

That sounds revolting. YANBU to not find it funny.

Thistlebelle Thu 08-Mar-18 18:42:18

Dear Lord and you married him??

confused

PyongyangKipperbang Thu 08-Mar-18 18:57:30

Did you marry Bart Simpson?!

Mildly amusing in a "yes dear" kind of way the first time, a defence for murder charges every time after that.

bobstersmum Thu 08-Mar-18 18:58:53

Oh lord this has made me really giggle for some childish reason! I think yabu. A tiny bit.

Pleasebeafleabite Thu 08-Mar-18 19:00:15

Me and ds can burp whole sentences

And like honeylulu the word bollocks was made for burp speak

PoorYorick Thu 08-Mar-18 19:02:43

Some people will find it hilarious, others revolting. I'd find it revolting and it would turn me off him if he didn't stop doing it. If you hate it, tell him to save it for his mates. I certainly do some things with my girlfriends that I wouldn't inflict on my husband.

Dagnabit Thu 08-Mar-18 19:04:16

I can't burp anything, other than a very occasional burp. I can fart supercalifragilistic though not really

bumpsadaisy11 Thu 08-Mar-18 19:05:05

My DH does this & actually makes himself laugh out loud. He also laughs every time he farts & if it is particularly loud/long or smelly he always looks so proud of himself!!
Yes it is true I am indeed married to a man child!!
(Love him to absolute bits though!!)

GabsAlot Thu 08-Mar-18 19:05:25

i hate burping anyway let alone making words out of it

pathetic

VaguelyAware Thu 08-Mar-18 19:05:40

That would be an enormous turnoff. And I would tell him just that.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: