Talk

Advanced search

to ask for trans threads to stay in Feminism?

(346 Posts)
yawning801 Fri 23-Feb-18 17:11:42

Just that, really. This isn't meant to start a debate, or be goady in any way. I've just hidden the Feminism board to avoid the trans threads but they're seeping into AIBU (like this one I suppose grin) and other places too and I'm trying to avoid them! Can we keep trans threads in Feminism please? TIA

VladmirsPoutine Fri 23-Feb-18 17:14:37

No. No, we can't.

CanIBuffalo Fri 23-Feb-18 17:15:11

YABVVVVU

WeirdCatLady Fri 23-Feb-18 17:15:24

Why should threads about biological males be confined to the Feminism section??

MangoSplit Fri 23-Feb-18 17:15:45

YABU

Soubriquet Fri 23-Feb-18 17:16:11

Why?

It's a world wide issue that will affect everyone not just feminists

Xulishesthepilot Fri 23-Feb-18 17:16:16

YANBU

UpstartCrow Fri 23-Feb-18 17:16:17

Come back in 10 years and tell us how it all works out for you. Its not going so great in Canada.

yawning801 Fri 23-Feb-18 17:16:31

Oh dear. I'm going to be flamed to high heaven for this one! I'll accept this and retreat before everyone arrives... good luck everyone! grin

UtterlyUnimaginativeUsername Fri 23-Feb-18 17:16:32

It's not just a feminist issue. Just don't read them, for heaven's sake.

Greensleeves Fri 23-Feb-18 17:16:41

Maybe if you could explain why you think that would be appropriate? Other than your personal desire not to see them, of course.

PickAChew Fri 23-Feb-18 17:16:47

Just hide them if you don't want to see them.

VladmirsPoutine Fri 23-Feb-18 17:17:12

If so I want a separate 'My MiL is satan' board and a separate 'My neighbour is insane board' and a separate 'parking with associated diagram board'.

The trans debate is important and I won't see it hidden away on a site largely used by those whom will suffer the fallout from the consequences of TRA the most.

GrockleBocs Fri 23-Feb-18 17:17:17

That's a bit exclusionary.

EleanorXx Fri 23-Feb-18 17:17:23

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

BigEthel Fri 23-Feb-18 17:19:37

YABU. It's not a "feminist" issue. It's a people issue.

Bluelady Fri 23-Feb-18 17:19:39

No. Women need to know how their rights are being eroded and their safety threatened. All women.

MyDogHasNoNose Fri 23-Feb-18 17:20:36

Why? I’m not goady either. Just curious as to why you feel that these discussions shouldn’t be on what is probably the busiest Mumsnet board. I haven’t posted on any of them but I have been reading them carefully to try and work out how I feel on the issues.

Just don’t open the threads. confused

It is an issue for parents too.

UnimaginativeUsername Fri 23-Feb-18 17:20:45

If so I want a separate 'My MiL is satan' board and a separate 'My neighbour is insane board' and a separate 'parking with associated diagram board'.

You could have a whole set of AIBU sub-boards. AIBU parking, AIBU weddings, AIBU in-laws, AIBU schools/PTA, AIBU Christmas, AIBU neighbours, and so on. grin

timshortfforthalia Fri 23-Feb-18 17:21:08

Yadnbu. I've hidden the feminist topics, but still the bile and hate seeps through into other areas of mumsnet.

It's disgusting.

Xulishesthepilot Fri 23-Feb-18 17:22:08

It's like the bloody Jehovah's Witnesses knocking at your door every five minutes. Even if you don't open the door it's still fucking annoying.

KC225 Fri 23-Feb-18 17:22:35

No. I have never been in the Feminism boards.

Everything I have learned about the new 'laws' were gleaned from here which sparked further research from me. I am agog at what is going and if these posts catch the eye of one other person like me than they are doing good.

If you don't want to read it don't open it. I never open parking or birth plan ones.

Trans needs in to be read by all. Shutting it away will not stop it going away.

extinctspecies Fri 23-Feb-18 17:23:18

OP I sort of agree with you.

I find it annoying when I click on an interesting thread title & find it is about trans issues. It's just not something I want to engage with on here.

Maybe posters could include something in the title so those of us who wish to avoid it can do so more easily?

yawning801 Fri 23-Feb-18 17:23:39

MyDog Really I agree with Eleanor. This is called Mumsnet, not FeministNet, and it's surely a parenting website, if so. But I will accept the YABU-s and leave this here. Thanks all

UpstartCrow Fri 23-Feb-18 17:23:41

EleanorXx Us 'transphobes' are not really interested in listening to raging Islamophobes and anti Semites telling people to get over themselves, or homophobes promoting sterilising gay kids.

Each to their own, ironically.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: