Talk

Advanced search

to ask for your best kitchen / laminate floor cleaning methods?

(10 Posts)
filipafellipa Thu 22-Feb-18 20:30:12

Tried steam mop (didn't get on with it).

Weird noodley type microfiber mop thing - is ok but a little strange and how do you wring it out?

What is the best / easiest mop / floor cleaning method (that doesn't cost the earth?)

Floor cleaning products seem to leave floor sticky, needing a second wipe with clean water (annoying!)

Suggestions welcome!

Aquamarine1029 Thu 22-Feb-18 20:45:09

I think you should try to steam mop again. I love it. No chemicals and dries so quickly. Why didn't you like it?

Aquamarine1029 Thu 22-Feb-18 20:46:21

Just to add... I also was so annoyed with cleaners that left the floor sticky. That's worse than leaving it dirty!

user6542458953 Thu 22-Feb-18 20:46:25

I just use the super market own brand large floor wipes! Dry quick and no residue or stickiness. They are about a £2.

MsHomeSlice Thu 22-Feb-18 20:48:57

I have an old fashioned metal mop bucket and mop, and one of those vileda flat mops with the tasselly cover

Lava hot water into mop bucket, teeny squoosh of something that smells nice. Floor is mopped with a well wrung out mop and then I dry it with the flat mop.

I really like the Method Almond floor stuff.

User18947268 Thu 22-Feb-18 20:52:18

Really recommend the vorfreude spray mop. It has microfibres pads which are easy to get on and off, they just attach with Velcro. It has a trigger in the handle to spray floor cleaner (Method floor cleaner is great and I find doesn't leave sticky residue lots of floor cleaners do) and is so easy to manoeuvre.

User18947268 Thu 22-Feb-18 20:54:03

Sorry should have specified it's the Method lemon and ginger floor cleaner.

grannytomine Thu 22-Feb-18 20:55:02

I use an old cloth, hot water, bit of bleach and down on my knees. Nothing else does as good a job, I've given up trying new things. I'll know I'm old when I can't do it anymore.

CapricornWithAUnicornHorn Thu 22-Feb-18 21:01:05

I agree to try a steam mop again. Regular mop and buckets just push dirt around so the floors don't actually get clean which is why some people end up with build up in grout and their floors darken. Microfiber mops leave the floors sticky as they can't pick up as much moisture and product.

brownelephant Thu 22-Feb-18 21:04:13

vacuum floor first.
then wash with a mop
bucket of warm water & a tablespoon washing powder.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: