Talk

Advanced search

To think Annoying Adverts put you off a product/Service?

(22 Posts)
KriticalSoul Wed 21-Feb-18 23:53:17

Thinking about the Nationwide sisters, and some REALLY fucking annoying advert on Free Radio for cancan car finance recently, and the old phones 4 u ones.

If an advert annoys me to the point I switch it off rather than endure it, I am very very unlikely to EVER use their service or product.. i'd rather tell them to fuck the fuck off than ever give them my money.

Anyone else? I can't be the only one that feels like that about annoying adverts.

SugarMiceInTheRain Wed 21-Feb-18 23:55:42

Yanbu. I use plenty of comparison websites but won't use Go Compare because the ads annoy me!

SnorkFavour Wed 21-Feb-18 23:56:17

Same here OP, I never buy from irritating advertisers!

And rude ones too, for example when they use an American accent. Have the respect to dub a British accent on, any British accent, idc what dialect it is, but just have that respect.

DalekDalekDalek Wed 21-Feb-18 23:56:38

What's that one with the idiotwoman with the fake eyelashes who goes "init though?" and can only find a mirror on a bike. I really hate her. I don't even know what it's an advert for but it would put me off that product/service.

TheQueenOfWands Wed 21-Feb-18 23:58:49

I hate buying Bold because of the way the mum on the advert speaks to her poor daughter.

I buy whatever is on offer, so it still crops up in our house occassionally. But I wouldn't choose to buy it.

Arealhumanbeing Thu 22-Feb-18 00:03:33

Those fucking shoe adverts where women are portrayed screaming and rugby tackling the delivery driver.

angry

Globetrotter100 Thu 22-Feb-18 00:07:39

The Philip Schofield one...I cringe every time...

Vibe2018 Thu 22-Feb-18 00:13:14

They must work somehow or else companies wouldn't spend so much money on them.

I hated those Cillet Bang ads with the man shouting . The brand name is stuck in my head although I've never bought it I suppose.

NotAnotherUserName5 Thu 22-Feb-18 00:13:17

That tui advert. On every single break. angry
Those sisters in the nationwide drive me insane too.
These people that come up with this shit need to rethink their career choice.

Redact Thu 22-Feb-18 00:13:34

I came on to say the Philip Schofield ads but Globe beat me to it!

Deshasafraisy Thu 22-Feb-18 00:21:25

Nicole shitswinger and the fucking yoghurt.

Tippz Thu 22-Feb-18 00:33:07

The 'be more like phil schofield' one is awful, and so is the Nicole shitstinger (oh I have yoghurt on my nose hahahahahahahahahahaah fucking HA! hmm )

But my most hated one atm is for PC world with a fucking annoying as fuck female voiceover with a VERRRY irritating voice.

There is another one for a car sales place that is about 30 seconds long and completely silent (central tv) It drives me nuts. But when they have the voiceover on, it's even worse, as the man's voice is SUPER irritating! angry

And I HATE the one for G-tech air-ram cordless vacuum (with that annoying man with the Midlands accent who says 'only £299 paaaaands!)

I think I am the only one I know who likes the Nationwide sisters. I actually think they're quite cute and quirky. blush

I am going to regret saying that aren't I? blush

Also hate ANY ad that has a breathy indie girl singer on it, and the advert for the travel agent with that woman whispering a pathetic version of 'ain't nobody' makes my ears bleed.

DalekDalekDalek Thu 22-Feb-18 00:37:12

Perfume adverts in general ... they are just so bizarre.

TriniRedVelvet Thu 22-Feb-18 00:38:58

Yep, I will NEVER use Go compare!!!!!

4yearsnosleep Thu 22-Feb-18 00:39:41

I've banked with Nationwide for years and think that they are great, but I abso-bloody-lutely hate the sisters adverts. Definitely the most annoying advert on TV. The TUI one is another hated one and I'll get flack for this but I'm pissed that LIoyds are using mental health to market their business. Yes awareness needs to be raised regarding mental health, but it should not be used by a bank to try and show that they are wholesome and caring

PatchworkElmer Thu 22-Feb-18 00:41:25

I feel like this about Go Compare. No way would I use them.

CadyHeron Thu 22-Feb-18 00:49:50

Oh,I dunno. I mean, they're doing their job if they're sticking in people's memories for either good or bad reasons,surely?
It gets people talking about their product. Either negatively or positively!
I'm sure the 70s Shake and Vac advert really wound up some mums in the Seventies, but it's all stuck in our head as a classic now!
Mr Muscle. Shines Umpteen things clean. Annoying puny little sod but he's the one you think of with cleaner.

DalekDalekDalek Thu 22-Feb-18 00:54:59

Thanks Cady now I've got the bloody "Shake and Vac" song stuck in my head! grin

CadyHeron Thu 22-Feb-18 01:00:25

Thanks Cady now I've got the bloody "Shake and Vac" song stuck in my head!

grin

See?! I rest my case lol

Kingsclerelass Thu 22-Feb-18 01:06:41

That infuriating woman in the perfume ad saying "what would you do for love?"
She only spent 3 hours in hair & makeup, while the first time I saw it, I'd spent most of the night with a vomiting child, changing sheets and loading the washing machine. It made me want to smash the telly but I maybe wasn't at my best grin

thecraftyfox Thu 22-Feb-18 01:17:45

Cady, it was Mr Sheen not Mr Muscle who shines umpteen things clean. He was a dapper chap in a little plane not the fella in a vest with specs

CadyHeron Thu 22-Feb-18 01:23:11

Cady, it was Mr Sheen not Mr Muscle

Ah crap, I meant Mr Sheen!! Even sang it as I was typing it. Really should proof read before pressing post blush

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: