Talk

Advanced search

To contact M&S about this chicken?

(33 Posts)
QuestionableMouse Mon 19-Feb-18 17:46:25

Eating a mini meal chicken casserole and found a few bits of chicken that are brown/green. It's put me right off and made me feel a bit ill. The food has been stored correctly and cooked correctly so I don't think it was that and its still in date.

I'm hoping that I haven't eaten any because I really can't afford to be ill!

blueskyinmarch Mon 19-Feb-18 17:48:27

Is it not just some brown wing/thigh meat?

StayGoldPonyBoy Mon 19-Feb-18 17:49:26

It’s hard to tell from your photos but it does just look like the very dark mean found on wings/thighs.

QuestionableMouse Mon 19-Feb-18 17:50:15

I've never seen brown meat the colour that is... It honestly looks like it has gone off.

SpadesOfGlory Mon 19-Feb-18 17:50:36

Is it not just the brown meat of the chicken? As in not white breast meat?

ScreamingValenta Mon 19-Feb-18 17:50:56

It looks like the brown meat you normally get on a chicken - I can't see any green (but that might be down to inaccurate colour reproduction!).

SpadesOfGlory Mon 19-Feb-18 17:51:02

Sorry, x post!

QuestionableMouse Mon 19-Feb-18 17:54:19

I'm so sorry for the crap photos. I'm struggling with the light here.

Close up of the worst bit. In person it doesn't look like normal brown meat.

LaGattaNera Mon 19-Feb-18 17:56:52

Gosh it does look revolting makes me feel quite queasy just looking at it. I would complain OP.

RingFence Mon 19-Feb-18 18:25:13

That looks like it's gone off. Though usually you would be able to tell from the taste. Did it taste normal?

Was the sealed plastic intact? Sometimes they can get damaged in the shop and air gets in.
Though unlikely if it's just the one green piece and rest is normal?

blueyacht Mon 19-Feb-18 18:28:13

Ugh grim. Looks like rotting flesh. Or 'meat' as you call it.

CanIhavedessertfirst Mon 19-Feb-18 18:28:39

I've had to contact morrisons about similar, it's caused by improper slaughter. The green is bile. Definitely complain.

TickleMcTickleFace Mon 19-Feb-18 18:28:57

Was it a microwave meal? Sometimes that can turn bits brown because of the heatspots.

QuestionableMouse Mon 19-Feb-18 18:36:13

Yes microwave. It was sealed properly and I only bought it yesterday.

blueyacht, your comment isn't helpful in the slightest.

There's no contact info on the packaging.

Nervousrex Mon 19-Feb-18 18:47:44

I suspect it's Oregon Disease (Green Muscle Disease) - we had one like it once. It doesn't look very appetising, I know, but it won't do you any harm smile

www.cfs.gov.hk/english/whatsnew/whatsnew_fst/whatsnew_fst_Green_Meat_in_Chickens.html

blueyacht Mon 19-Feb-18 18:48:34

It wasn't meant to be helpful, it was just a snide comment.

blueyacht Mon 19-Feb-18 18:51:30

"Unusual green colour in chicken meat is usually due to a condition known as Green Muscle Disease (or Oregon Disease) which is found in commercially raised broiler chickens. In poultry farming, broiler chickens are kept relatively inactive during the growing period. Consequently, the pectoral muscles (breast muscles) are not exercised enough to increase efficiency of its circulatory supply"

fucking hell

saffroon Mon 19-Feb-18 18:56:27

Bore off blueyacht

blueyacht Mon 19-Feb-18 18:58:52

Sorry I am being boring on a thread about someone's manky dinner. I'll piss off so I don't interrupt any more of this edge-of-the-seat stuff.

BrutusMcDogface Mon 19-Feb-18 19:00:20

🤢

QuestionableMouse Mon 19-Feb-18 19:02:17

Can you please go and be a goady fucker somewhere else? I really can't be arsed with a smug twat tonight.

yorkshireyummymummy Mon 19-Feb-18 19:03:51

I don’t understand why people comment on a thread just to be offensive and nasty.
They must have really dull lives. Or be somewhat bitter.

OP - It’s really hard to tell from the photos but M&S are very good when you return something. You don’t need to keep the meat, just the cardboard sleeve that your meal came in and your receipt if you can find it. Just take those two things to the customer service desk.

Lovesagin Mon 19-Feb-18 19:07:22

Looks like some not very nice bits of the chicken op, when I shred chicken for wraps etc I come across some bits that look spongey and a bit weird in colour. Am sure it will be ok but I would let them know, it doesn't look like it should be there that's for certain!

It's not put me off my chicken based meal I'm having tonight anyway!

Vitalogy Mon 19-Feb-18 19:13:38

I gave up chicken for the New Year. envy vom.

Justfivemoreminutesplease Mon 19-Feb-18 19:19:34

Just to let you know, I had something that looked like regurgitated cat vomit appear in my M&S vegetable stir fry and went in with the packet to complain - the manager couldn’t have been less interested and didn’t want to know - she said they wouldn’t take it or be able to send it back to the packaging factory “as it was food so it would go off” hmm I was just offered a refund of however much the stir fry pack had cost me and basically told that was that. Not impressed and have been paranoid about opening all future vegetable packs ever since.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: