Talk

Advanced search

To be succumbing to "woo" feelings?

(41 Posts)
QueenNefertitty Sun 18-Feb-18 23:10:04

Just washing up, and started to feel a bit uneasy. Toddler DS been unsettled all day, so thought just hangover from that.

Went upstairs to run a bath, and felt very strongly that I should NOT get in the bath, but get into bed with DS (he sleeps in mine) and wait for .... something.

I live in a very old house with lots of history, that often feels very "busy" but it doesn't feel like this is the house. It feels like something from "outside" IYSWIM.

Prickles are up on the back of my neck, and goosebumps all over. Feel like someone stood behind me- but again- it's absolutely not the house. This is something outside. I'm sure of it.

AIBU to be feeling a bit on edge?

SneakyGremlins Sun 18-Feb-18 23:12:55

No, YANBU. Are you in bed?

QueenNefertitty Sun 18-Feb-18 23:13:42

@sneaky ... yes in bed.... why do you ask?

Loveache Sun 18-Feb-18 23:14:34

Trust your instinct.

MelanieSmooter Sun 18-Feb-18 23:14:49

How odd. YANBU, gut instinct is something too many people ignore.

Fettuccinecarbonara Sun 18-Feb-18 23:15:11

Are you in the UK? I only ask because it’s late.

If I ever get thoughts like this, I go to bed as I believe I must be overtired.

I’m not dismissing your feelings; I believe we all have instincts we should listen to.

If you think there’s something outside, I’d probably shine a torch through all windows, open one to listen to see if any movements, then double check everything shut and locked and climb into bed.

There’s nothing like the sound of a heavy breathing toddler to send you straight off to sleep.

I hope you’re okay.

SneakyGremlins Sun 18-Feb-18 23:15:45

I just wondered if you did what your gut said - namely get into bed. You say it feels like something from outside? Is it there with you?

Ladymadness Sun 18-Feb-18 23:16:09

Always trust your gut op. I would make sure everything is locked up and maybe grab a cuppa to calm down a bit

QueenNefertitty Sun 18-Feb-18 23:16:20

It's very strange. Younger sister pregnant, early days so hoping it's not bad news. Also ExDP (still very strongly bonded) not in best of health. Have text DM who is regularly in touch with both to check they're okay ... don't want to freak them
Out!

selftitledalbum Sun 18-Feb-18 23:16:39

Please make sure your house is locked

QueenNefertitty Sun 18-Feb-18 23:17:08

@sneaky

Yes. My bed is in the middle of the room, and is directory behind me. Has been since I stood in the bathroom pondering a bath. Am literally goosebumps all over.

QueenNefertitty Sun 18-Feb-18 23:17:33

House very definitely locked.
Here's the other odd thing- I put all three locks on tonight. I never do that.

SneakyGremlins Sun 18-Feb-18 23:18:01

How's DS doing? Kids tend to be very susceptible to things like this.

QueenNefertitty Sun 18-Feb-18 23:20:05

@sneaky

DS has been a horror all afternoon, and woke up twice tonight (very unusual for him to wake twice before midnight) - all very out of character. But he's quite well (I can smell when he isn't).

Suspect bad news is coming. Can't tell from
where though.

SneakyGremlins Sun 18-Feb-18 23:21:02

I hope everything will be fine flowers

I've been in that exact position multiple times before.

QueenNefertitty Sun 18-Feb-18 23:22:45

Right.

Going downstairs to draw the curtains at the back of the house, and check chain on door. Then I'm getting back into bed with DS and going to sleep.

Just steeling myself first... blush

SneakyGremlins Sun 18-Feb-18 23:23:20

Let us know you made it back!

prettythepig Sun 18-Feb-18 23:25:00

Hope everything is ok op. Trust your instincts and go with whatever they tell you. Sometimes they are spot on.

Blushlove Sun 18-Feb-18 23:26:08

Hope all is okay OP! It's strange how overpowering them kind of feelings can be!

QueenNefertitty Sun 18-Feb-18 23:29:28

Okay.

All fine downstairs. Can't see anything odd in the fields around the house. Unplugged the wifi booster in case it was doing "things" electromagnetically (not even sure if that's possible) and have put on my "armour" (white company dressing gown!)

I'll be back should there be anything to report!

Lj8893 Sun 18-Feb-18 23:34:47

Creepy.

Hope everything is ok.

AdoraBell Sun 18-Feb-18 23:42:17

Hope you sleep well having made sure everything is locked.

ReanimatedSGB Sun 18-Feb-18 23:48:40

Go to bed, sleep well, and don't let anyone fill your head with a load of old bollocks.

slashdragon Sun 18-Feb-18 23:49:12

What do you mean you can smell when ds is unwell?

Lj8893 Sun 18-Feb-18 23:53:16

slash it's quite common to be able to amell when your dc are unwell. I can smell it on dd, I can't really put my finger on it but there is a distinct smell about her.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: