Talk

Advanced search

To find men on OLD an entitled, sulky breed?

(5 Posts)
reindeersinJuly Wed 14-Feb-18 18:09:03

What the heck is wrong with men on OLD websites?

I turned a man down as I'd met someone, politely said I didn't want to meet up after a phone call or two as I had met someone I was considering persuing things further with (many months ago) it didn't work out so I went back on the site however I received a message telling me being back in the site is karma for me??? hmm (for turning him down)

But he's not the only one... I've had several messages along the lines of "omg are you still single, haha?" from men I've said politely "sorry, you're not for me" to.

I just block... but what is this?!

Isn't that the nature of OLD? Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't and nobody is owed a relationship because you reply to their message? Or even have a phone call or two?

Charismam Wed 14-Feb-18 18:11:38

Men on OLD over reach massively. Ive had some turn nasty on me too. Like i owed it to them to go out with them because i was nothing special and they wanted me to know that!! Who could translate...

reindeersinJuly Wed 14-Feb-18 18:18:51

It's bizarre...

Then there are ones who turn stroppy you don't call them and they cancel as you haven't "made the effort"... I can't work it out, one hand you call and your 'chasing' and 'needy' others sulk you're 'not making the effort'

I need to get out of this game. Utterly baffled by the behaviour of grown men though. Not even young men (29-39) is the limit I set shock

PanGalaticGargleBlaster Wed 14-Feb-18 18:46:02

Well speaking from the other side there were plenty of women OLD who spammed my inbox asking precisely why I did not want to take things further, who got arsey when I took their silence and non return of my calls post date as a sign of no interest only for them a week later confess that they did actually want a second date but I should have kept pursuing them to demonstrate sufficient keenness or my personal favourite of women ‘suggesting’ that the Michelin starred restaurant in Mayfair would be a great venue for a first date.

OLD is full of muppets and time wasters (men and women) and the trick is to fine tune your radar so you can spot them early doors.

YetAnotherUser Wed 14-Feb-18 19:16:59

OLD is full of muppets and time wasters (men and women) and the trick is to fine tune your radar so you can spot them early doors.

This.

Had a woman the other day who seemed nice. As soon as we exchanged numbers she kept trying to ring me.

She went absolutely batshit if I couldn't take the call, despite me explaining that I couldn't take personal calls on my mobile while I'm at work.

Quickly blocked that one. So, so many stories of crazy people on OLD.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now