Talk

Advanced search

IADNBU - ear wax

(40 Posts)
DontBuyANewMumCashmere Wed 14-Feb-18 16:25:54

My DF told me recently she picks out her baby's ear wax and feeds it to her dog.
envy <--- boak

That is fucking gross isn't it...
I don't think IANBU. I just want everyone to know some people actually do this!!

<waves to DF>

NeedMoreSleepOrSugar Wed 14-Feb-18 16:28:05

confused I don't know if I'm more confused as to why someone would do this, or why they'd bring it up in conversation! Poor dog!

Katedotness1963 Wed 14-Feb-18 16:31:07

Poor dog...

AdoraBell Wed 14-Feb-18 16:32:29

My dogs would probably eat it, disgusting beasts, but I wouldn’t actually feed it to them. That’s beyond grim 🤢

Alloftheboys Wed 14-Feb-18 16:36:46

Why?
Is that the dogs only food?

Doctroo Wed 14-Feb-18 16:42:21

I don't know about dogs but every cat I've known loooooves earwax.

It's all the yummy proteins.

Quickest way to befriend a cat is to offer it a lump of ear goo.

ConciseandNice Wed 14-Feb-18 16:43:41

I feel a bit nauseous.

meredintofpandiculation Wed 14-Feb-18 16:44:37

Quickest way to befriend a cat is to offer it a lump of ear goo. I can believe this. My cat's idea of heaven is to stuff his nose in your armpit and inhale.

DontBuyANewMumCashmere Wed 14-Feb-18 16:46:02

Tbf she loves that dog so it won't be ill treatment on her behalf!

My dogs also eat all sorts but I wouldn't give them it, wilingly!

Can't actually remember how it came up in conversation... it does sound odd but she conversation was flowing.
Like her son's earwax...

kittykarate Wed 14-Feb-18 16:46:05

Quickest way to befriend a cat is to offer it a lump of ear goo

One of my cats is obsessed with ear wax, and will dig in bins to get cotton buds.

DontBuyANewMumCashmere Wed 14-Feb-18 16:51:23

Oh God she's got two cats too...

Namethecat Wed 14-Feb-18 16:56:23

It will be of no surprise due to my mn name but as a cat owner I can hand on heart say I have never offered it a body part / excretion of mine to eat. Gross !

MikeUniformMike Wed 14-Feb-18 16:59:01

CharlieAlphaTango loves ear wax.

TheSmallClangerWhistlesAgain Wed 14-Feb-18 16:59:45

Dogs are grotbags, they probably love it. One of mine eats toenail clippings.

Having said that, I don't go round collecting toenail clippings FOR the dog. That is weird.

kittykarate Wed 14-Feb-18 17:07:22

Dogs love being around when the farrier is trimming horses hooves - like giant fingernails to chew and eat.

Loonoon Wed 14-Feb-18 17:10:34

Our old cats loved earwax. Sadly then I didn't really have any. Now I have hearing aids which create a lot of excess wax which is wasted.

Loonoon Wed 14-Feb-18 17:11:26

No, different boots to Friday.

nauticant Wed 14-Feb-18 17:12:39

When we had a cat (oh, lovely cat), she would go mad whenever I'd file my nails licking my fingers and trying to chew on the nail-file (metal, so it was the nail dust she loved not the file). Anyone else have a similarly fixated cat?

morningconstitutional2017 Wed 14-Feb-18 17:14:07

Well that sounds gross but I'm assured that in olden days people used ear wax to stiffen their thread if they had problems threading a needle. I think I'll pass on that one.

GeekyBlinders Wed 14-Feb-18 17:16:27

I had a friend in my teens who used to pick her dog's sleep out of his eyes then feed it to him. He loved it.

BigDamnHero Wed 14-Feb-18 17:22:49

I currently have a blocked ear due to ear wax (can't hear a fucking thing out of it and have to wait a fortnight for it to be syringed). Are you telling me I should just let my cats sort it for me?

DontBuyANewMumCashmere Wed 14-Feb-18 17:24:04

Giant fingernails shock

Sleep shock

What is wrong with people?!?!

KerplunkChampion Wed 14-Feb-18 17:26:18

Now I want to know how far people have gone with feeding bits of themselves to their pets. Dogs like blood, right?

HoobleDooble Wed 14-Feb-18 17:26:25

Nauticant my previous cats used to do that, I had to hide my emery boards or they'd steal them. Current cat isn't at all interested.

viques Wed 14-Feb-18 17:27:18

She's probably trying to train the dog to lick out the child's earwax on command...........

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: