Talk

Advanced search

Can someone be too fertile?

(398 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

ByTheBlueBay Wed 14-Feb-18 12:13:16

I was on the pill for 6 years before I came off it. We conceived DD when we didn't use a condom once. Literally, once. I know once is all it takes but it was a shock.

Anyway since having DD we always used a condom. However it wasn't used straight away, there'd be a few pumps first (TMI). We'd only have sex once a month or so but I still managed to fall pregnant on DH's precum.

Am I super fertile? I had a termination and we haven't had sex since. I'm too scared. I'm considering the implant but I'm not sure how the hormones will affect me with depression and anxiety.

ambereeree Wed 14-Feb-18 12:14:56

How old are you? Sounds quite common.

PurpleDaisies Wed 14-Feb-18 12:16:02

No, you probably missed out on sex education somewhere because you clearly haven’t understood that unprotected sex leads to pregnancy.

Put a condom on before putting a penis in your vagina.

MyDcAreMarvel Wed 14-Feb-18 12:16:58

No you don't sound super fertile. Why would you be so stupid as to have unprotected sex if you didn't want to get pregnant.

MrsPreston11 Wed 14-Feb-18 12:17:41

No.......you didn't use a condom or pill....you got pregnant. That's how babies are made.

Implant is way less hormones than the pill, consider it.

Or, you know, put a condom on before penetration like you're meant to.

Rebeccaslicker Wed 14-Feb-18 12:17:57

It's really not that unusual. Same timescales happened for me - and I'm 40.

If there's a penis inside you, you can get pregnant. (Unless you're the Virgin Mary, when it wasn't necessary. Apparently.)

HTH.

SleepingStandingUp Wed 14-Feb-18 12:18:38

If you aren't ready to have another child, stop having unprotected sex.

Stop putting his penis inside you or touching around the entrance without a condom in it.

Marcine Wed 14-Feb-18 12:18:48

You don't sound 'too fertile', you just need to use contraception if you don't want to get pregnant.

PinkHeart5914 Wed 14-Feb-18 12:18:59

A condom will certainly help prevent pregnancy a lot more, if the condom goes on the cock before it goes in you! If you can’t use condoms properly, maybe look at the coil/ injection or something

Pengggwn Wed 14-Feb-18 12:22:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Kittykat93 Wed 14-Feb-18 12:25:13

Are you being serious? Use a condom from beginning to end!!!!! Not half way through hmm

ByTheBlueBay Wed 14-Feb-18 12:25:31

I understand that, but I didn't realise one could get pregnant from precum.

I understand some people who are TTC may be upset but they shouldn't read a thread titled 'too fertile'. It's pretty obvious what it's about.

ConciseandNice Wed 14-Feb-18 12:26:34

There is such a thing as hyperfertility. I have it and have been pregnant 11 times. Most of those have miscarried. Hyperfertility means that you get pregnant with eggs/blastocysts which in other women wouldn’t get to implant because they are malformed or genetically not quite right. Hyperfertility is painful because you never have the confidence in a pregnancy. It means that if a sperm meets your egg you get preggers. It’s pretty awful.

It does sound like you are just fertile. After many miscarriages then you could have it looked into.

UnicornsandRainbows1 Wed 14-Feb-18 12:26:42

What even is 'too fertile'? You put his penis inside you... We shouldn't need to explain what this means or what could happen, which is why contraception was invented to begin with.

Ikanon Wed 14-Feb-18 12:27:22

My friend is super fertile. She releases multiple eggs and conceived quins naturally shock but lost them all at 11 weeks sad

Pengggwn Wed 14-Feb-18 12:27:36

DonnyAndVladSittingInATree Wed 14-Feb-18 12:30:03

We conceived DD when we didn't use a condom once. Literally, once. I know once is all it takes but it was a shock.

Fucking hell, when will people wake up.

PurpleDaisies Wed 14-Feb-18 12:30:37

Pengggwn are you struggling with infertility? There’s really no need to be offended on behalf of those who are. This thread is fine (although highlights some serious gaps in sex education).

DonnyAndVladSittingInATree Wed 14-Feb-18 12:32:03

Woman has unprotected sex and gets pregnant. It’s hardly earth shattering news is it?

Pengggwn Wed 14-Feb-18 12:32:36

TheClacksAreDown Wed 14-Feb-18 12:32:36

There is nothing special going on here. You’ve been having unprotected sex and it has led to pregnancies. To avoid reoccurrence you need to use at least one method wholly in accordance with the instructions. If another pregnancy would be a disaster then I would consider using two eg implant and condoms v

IAmAMonster Wed 14-Feb-18 12:33:01

I got pregnant from doing it just once in a month without a condom, I dont consider myself superfertile, I just realised it was inevitable really, I drunkenly thought my period had just ended and I told DH it would be safe, but obviously not! grin Wasnt that much of a shock.

TheDailyMailIsADisgustingRag Wed 14-Feb-18 12:33:13

You are not too fertile. You didn’t use contraception and accidentally fell pregnant, twice.

NotASingleFuckToGive Wed 14-Feb-18 12:33:27

Newsflash: Woman gets pregnant after unprotected sex hmm

Cuppaand2biscuits Wed 14-Feb-18 12:34:41

I've had unprotected sex twice and I have 2 children (both planned)
What I'm trying to say is for some people it is that easy. I don't want anymore children so I use contraception every time and I have avoided pregnancy successfully since!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now