Talk

Advanced search

About plans before our flight

(12 Posts)
sushilover17 Wed 14-Feb-18 11:40:27

My DP and I booked a last minute holiday for a long weekend.

He is currently on forced annual leave along with other staff he works with for the week. I am at work but have agreed to work from the hotel on Friday.
We are due to leave at 6pm on Thursday evening.

We had originally been looking to go away between Fri-Sun but due to higher flight costs, I agreed we'd go on the Thursday at his request if I got permission from work, which I did.

This meant that the plans to go out with his colleagues on Thursday were now going to be difficult to attend. They had planned to meet in their local town centre (45 mins drive from ours) at 2pm for lunch and then stay out for the rest of the day/night. It was his choice to book the flights we did at the time we did. I suggested he see his friends from 12pm (if they'd change - they probably will) until 3pm, to then drive back to ours and get a taxi from ours to the airport.

He, however, wants to risk it til 4 and then drive back to the airport (so would get there for 5 earliest but unlikely) or leave at 4 and get a coach to the airport (even more likely to get there late).

I also think it sets a bad vibe for a romantic getaway.

AIBU to ask him to ensure he leaves at 3?

ChasedByBees Wed 14-Feb-18 11:47:36

I would. Why does he have to meet them at all?

sushilover17 Wed 14-Feb-18 11:57:11

@Chased, no idea really but he's been bored all week with not much to do as no other friends are free. He seems to always fear missing out but to me it feels like putting them before a holiday with me.

Branleuse Wed 14-Feb-18 12:33:46

stupid time to meet his mates immediately before going away. Cant he see them when you get back? Why cause extra stress before travelling?

PlanNumber Wed 14-Feb-18 12:37:02

He needs to cancel the outing with his friends. And I very rarely come down on that side.

sushilover17 Wed 14-Feb-18 16:05:29

Well he's said he's going to go regardless and doesn't really care how it affects me.

FluffyWuffy100 Wed 14-Feb-18 16:14:28

I'd meet him at the airport gate/on the plane. I have o leave LOADS of time and rushing would be quite stresfull.

ClareB83 Wed 14-Feb-18 16:22:37

Well I think the comments he's made have already ruined the romance. Take someone else.

SweetMoon Wed 14-Feb-18 16:30:10

Meet him at the airport. That way if he is stupid enough to leave it too late you at least won't miss out and you can jet off on your own!

52FestiveRoad Wed 14-Feb-18 16:44:33

He is cutting it way too fine. I would just go and actually hope he doesn't turn up in time, how could you enjoy your weekend with someone who has said he doesn't care how things affect you. I would rather have a weekend on my own than with someone like that, sorry.

FilledSoda Wed 14-Feb-18 16:50:38

He doesn't want to go imo

Cath2907 Wed 14-Feb-18 16:51:44

Depending on where you are flying (I assume out of the UK) and how busy the airport is and if you can check in on-line and if it is just hand luggage and whether your husband is good with the security procedures he might be ok arriving at the airport an hour before take-off.

I travel a lot for work so if I check in on-line and have handluggage I'd arrive an hour before take off and be comfortable. Then again I do it a LOT and know the traffic / security delays well and if I do miss the plane work will move my ticket to a later flight.

If I was your husband I'd be aiming to arrive at the airport at least 1.5hrs before take-off to minimise risk. If I was you I'd tell him you aren't waiting and if he misses the flight you'll enjoy a romantic weekend away with Julio the air steward!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now