Talk

Advanced search

to ask my brother to take pictures down?

(5 Posts)
margaritasbythesea Wed 14-Feb-18 08:53:04

My brother likes to take photos of his trips and he likes to put them on Facebook. I am also on FB but don´t post much. When he takes a trip to our house (about twice a year) he posts pics of the trip. All normal I suppose.

The thing that bothers me is that he puts up pics of things I had much rather he didn´t, and he doesn´t ask if it´s ok first. For example, on Saturday morning I was playing with DD in my pjs on the living room floor before I had had a shower. I didn´t know he was taking photos then and he didn´t tell me after. The first time I knew f it was when I saw them on FB being responded to by mututal friends. He does something similar every time he comes.

It has also annoyed me that he has posted a story about my DS having a tantrum which I would swear to god is not true. I wasn´t with them 100% of the time but my DS really doesn´t normally behave in the way described. I feel our family is being a bit used.

I don´t feel all pictures should be instagram perfect, but I think this is a bit much. AIBU to ask him to take them down and take him up about the story? Or just being a bit precious?

He suffers from anxiety and depression, which is why I don´t know if I should just let it go.

Nocabbageinmyeye Wed 14-Feb-18 08:56:51

I'm not sure what his anxiety or depression has to do with this?? Just message him and tell them take them down and not to put pictures/stories of you or your dc on his Facebook, you can say it nicely, it doesn't need to be a drama, but yanbu to not want him to do it, I would hate it personally

Dadstheworld Wed 14-Feb-18 09:00:39

Ask him to take them down, If not just report them and get FB to take them down.

Clandestino Wed 14-Feb-18 09:02:13

Anxiety and depression have nothing to do with that. He shouldn't be doing it.
I even check with my DD who is 8 if it's OK to post a picture of her on FB.

margaritasbythesea Wed 14-Feb-18 09:05:59

Well, I mentioned his mental health because I don´t want to cause him grief (which it will - I asked him politely to move his chair while I was hoovering the other day and he got upset because he thought he had upset me) if I am being unreasonable.

I don´t spend much time on social media and so don´t feel very familiar with the norms so I wanted to check. Thanks for your responses.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now