Talk

Advanced search

To ask do your dc constantly have a virus?

(11 Posts)
bobstersmum Tue 13-Feb-18 18:42:25

My dc seem to always have some kind of viral illness, high temp, generally unwell, out of the two ds who are 4+5 it's never ending!

Heartofglass12345 Tue 13-Feb-18 23:25:12

Mine doesnt have a temperature, but he constantly has green snot coming out of his nose, its gross! It goes away in school holidays and comes back again after he's been back in school for a few days. He doesnt wipe his nose either so when i pick him up its welded on. Sorry for TMI lol

Merryoldgoat Wed 14-Feb-18 00:22:05

Yes, until this current term of Reception.

Until literally the last couple of months he got EVERYTHING. His attendance at nursery was about 70% - colds, chest infections, ear infections, d&v. It was hideous and started from about 6 months. The winter just before he turned 2 nearly destroyed my marriage. No joke.

Suddenly he just stopped getting everything. It will get better but it’s so tough when you’re in it. Much luck to you all.

bobstersmum Wed 14-Feb-18 12:40:14

Haha thanks glad not just us! I know it will get better, to be honest wasn't so bad until January started then one after the other. Ds2 is going to lose free nursery place at this rate as he's just never there, he does two days a week and he's missed the last two weeks because he has been vomiting off and on which has settled now as gp said was down to constipation, so just got that sorted and now got some virus with a rash, high temp, so looking like he'll miss this week too!
Roll on summer!

Worldsworstcook Wed 14-Feb-18 12:48:44

I have 3 dcs. Eldest (22) had pneumonia at 2 yo, 1.5 of his lungs collapsed. Awful time - since then he gets NOTHING. The Black Death could blow through and he'd avoid it.

Dd (19) gets everything in the world. Very very prone to colds, flu, v&d, sore throats, ears, the lot. More often sick than well!

DS (12) is very rarely ill. Occasional v&d.

The elder DS, i think they need to do scientific experiments on him to find out what his secret weapon is.

stitchglitched Wed 14-Feb-18 12:52:34

Yes. My DC started preschool in September and she has been off sick more than she's attended. Lots of viruses, 2 chest infections and an ear infection requiring antibiotics and now a week after she finished her last course of them she has another virus and a temp of 39. It's exhausting and worrying!

Liskee Wed 14-Feb-18 12:57:08

I have 2 DS, 3 and 19 months, both at day care half the week. This winter has seen one virus after another. The elder is dealing with it slightly better, but that could be because he’s not teething in amongst it all like the little one is. It’s never ending snot, coughs, tummy
upsets and sleepless nights. I could take our shares in Calpol and Snufflebabe and about 4 different cleaning products!

I just focus on the cracking immune systems they’ll have (hopefully!) when they’re older.

bobstersmum Wed 14-Feb-18 13:14:59

It's strange how some are more affected isn't it? I too am trying to think of the immunity they're gaining!

Mouthfulofquiz Wed 14-Feb-18 13:18:16

Yep, same here. Two out of three here are ill this week. 🙄

SuddenBeetE Wed 14-Feb-18 13:18:34

My youngest DS has had one cold after another pretty much his whole life and he’s nearly 2. I can’t remember his nose ever not running. DS1 is 14 and has had I think 2 off school since reception, he just never gets anything!

TJ2503 Wed 14-Feb-18 14:02:08

Yes! DS2 has had a snotty runny nose for about the last 9 months - ever since he entered into the Petrie dish of germs know as nursery.

He sometimes has temps with it, the occasional fruity sounding cough and gunky eyes......

My GP said to expect this too last for the next 2 years where upon he will have an immune system stronger than superman......allegedly....

Interestingly DS1 was never like this, even in nursery/preschool.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: