Talk

Advanced search

To not tell my client the reason I'm going to work in my hotel this afternoon - trilogy of womens issues

(3 Posts)
woolythoughts Tue 13-Feb-18 11:51:26

I'm sitting here with a combined trilogy of raging thrush, cystitis, and my period.

I'm in pain and by bits feel like they are on fire. I've almost worn out the carpet tiles between here and the loo.

My client main contact who I would tell is a man except he's in an office 200 miles away. I'm sitting here on my own - the other teams would probably notice I'm gone but won't care. I can do my job very easily from my hotel room - makes no difference where I'm sat other than convention. And I could put my laptop on my knee on the loo if I had to.

Professionally I should probably tell them but how to explain the above to a bloke.

falsepriest Tue 13-Feb-18 12:04:05

"I'm ill"

DoublyTroubly Tue 13-Feb-18 12:05:08

Agree with above poster. No need to go into detail at all (in fact I think it would be unprofessional too). Just say that you’re not well so are going to log on from the hotel room and that you are confident it won’t affect performance

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now