Talk

Advanced search

To think this is a new low. Men pay 70k for sex parties

(7 Posts)
Trilllllian Tue 13-Feb-18 11:41:59

I read this at the weekend and have been brooding over it. I’ve checked my prude-o meter and aside from finding I all a bit much, the politics of it are blaring massive red lights at me.

Men paying 70k to be memebera of a sex club, women being vetted and ‘not paying’. Actually the ween are mostly sex workers hoping to make connections, but, they’re not being paid...

www.thetimes.co.uk/article/sex-parties-for-the-rich-snctm-masquerade-comes-to-london-this-year-562czt9c7

toolonglurking Tue 13-Feb-18 18:50:30

There is nothing new about it. Go and look up how the Romans and Greeks did things.

AlonsosLeftPinky Tue 13-Feb-18 18:57:40

Have you been to a party like this? If not then how do you come to the conclusion that most women at them are sex workers?

They're certainly not a new concept, tend to be incredibly well managed and policed with rules strictly enforced.

Lellikelly26 Tue 13-Feb-18 18:59:43

I think some men are pathetic with their obsession with sex. I would feel better if the women were profiting from it. It’s as gross as the men who sleep with prostitutes they suspect or should realise have been trafficked.

thecraftyfox Tue 13-Feb-18 19:51:09

Alonso, the article itself mentions that many of the women are sex workers and the founder also acknowledges that many of the women there are looking for clients.

"Many women I spoke to said they were sex workers and had applied to attend in the hope of securing future clients. Of course, this did not preclude them from having fun, but it seemed different from the way that SNCTM advertised itself."

Trilllllian Tue 13-Feb-18 22:42:39

As craftygox said - a lot of the women are sex workers.

There may well be some women there for enjoyment - with their partners or not. From reading this article it looks -so much like the entire project is transactional - and for whose benefit? It’s compounded by the fact that women who are sex workers are not getting paid in actual money for it.

Yuck and seems even more exploitative than a more usual brothel !

Cupofcake Tue 13-Feb-18 23:08:00

So depressing. I doubt the men could care how the women come to be there at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now