Talk

Advanced search

Vegetarians who shop at Tesco

(13 Posts)
ElderflowerWaterIsDelish Tue 13-Feb-18 01:43:51

This isn't an Aibu, I am just posting for traffic

I shop online from tescos (because it isn't in my town , it's in another city and its the only way I can get from there)

Anyway I am vegetarian and was thinking of buying some of their wicked kitchen range of meals

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/buylists/wicked-kitchen/pizzas-and-ready-meals?page=1

But I'm wondering, how do they cook,? Are they for microwave or to put in the oven?

I would appreciate anybody who has bought this brand to give me some help...thanks everyonegrin

Oddsocksforeveryone Tue 13-Feb-18 01:47:04

If you scroll down past the ingredients and things it should tell you, it does in my Tesco app x

PositivelyPERF Tue 13-Feb-18 01:52:09

You can put them in the microwave. The Bolognese one is lovely but the veggie pasta in amazballs is horrible. I haven’t tried the others yet, as they only have those two plus the burrito one in our local.

Redglitter Tue 13-Feb-18 01:53:35

If you scroll down the link it tells you exactly how to cook them

smoochincapuchin Tue 13-Feb-18 02:22:08

I've just checked out this range, they all only have cooking instructions to microwave. However, I don't like to microwave my food so transferred a couple into a Pyrex dish and stuck them in the oven, they were fine. I had the Amaze balls pasta tonight and unlike the previous poster I really liked it! smile

PositivelyPERF Tue 13-Feb-18 02:26:07

Has anyone tried the Pizza yet?

UserEleventyBillion Tue 13-Feb-18 06:05:57

I tried the caponata pizza, it isn't bad although the stuff in the sachet was just like a weird mint sauce so I added my salca free from pesto instead. The base is good but the sauce is not the best and it's dry without the salsa verde.

The gunpowder potato meal is quite nice, we found the thai curry a bit bland and the pastrami carrot wrap was just odd, not much flavour but kind of sweet. We've been trying the reduced stuff so it was better prices anyway.

PositivelyPERF Wed 14-Feb-18 20:43:04

Thank you UserEleventyBillion I really don’t like the idea of a minty pizza. I might try some chilli oil with it.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Wed 14-Feb-18 20:45:36

The pizza is great (needs to go in oven)

The Bolognese is microwave and great, the curries are also good (and microwave) but too hot for me.

They are also scary expensive!

flightchecker Wed 14-Feb-18 21:36:06

The pizza is lovely as is the gunpowder Chana mAsala. Dp has raved about everything he's tried so far.

StealthPolarBear Wed 14-Feb-18 21:41:20

These look good, I've seen their lunch range but didn't know they dif ready meals too. Will look for them next time im in.

StealthPolarBear Wed 14-Feb-18 21:41:49

What exactly is gunpowder, in a food context?

flightchecker Thu 15-Feb-18 16:18:03

Stealth I don't know but it's yummy. Spicy but not painfully so.

I think the range is the best thing tesco has ever stocked. The lunches are all so tasty.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now