Talk

Advanced search

To find this ridiclous (Cms related)

(12 Posts)
Dancingfairy Tue 13-Feb-18 00:42:31

So finally put in a claim to Cms for my ex. He is expected to pay a grand total of £6.72 a week to "support" our 4 children when in reality that just about buys the babies nappies but yeh. It says he is due to pay from the 27th of January but that I won't receive any payments to April?! How does that make sense? Does this sound right? Obviously not in desperate need of the extra few pennies pounds but can't understand why so long for payments to start.

ThisLittleKitty Tue 13-Feb-18 08:34:36

Sounds like my experience with them unfortunately, didn't really find them helpful.

BeautyGoesToBenidorm Tue 13-Feb-18 08:40:01

Are payments made through deduction of earnings? That takes FOREVER to get going.

Dancingfairy Tue 13-Feb-18 08:43:35

He's on benefits, I actually thought it would be quicker if they took it straight off him (its collect and pay.)

BeautyGoesToBenidorm Tue 13-Feb-18 08:48:42

I have no idea why that would take so long! I'm still with the CSA, I switch over to the CMS in April. Had to argue a bit about not opting for a 'private arrangement', even though I left XP because of domestic violence.

I've got a deduction of earnings order on the bastard, but I've even been messed around with that. The system is beyond flawed.

ferriswheel Tue 13-Feb-18 08:51:06

Could you afford to get a solicitors letter sent to cms?

Dancingfairy Tue 13-Feb-18 08:54:17

What would the solicitors letter be for? Payments are due to be made just not till April.

ferriswheel Tue 13-Feb-18 09:13:46

Oh, i see. Mine was hiding money.

Dancingfairy Tue 13-Feb-18 09:33:40

I think he is hiding money but I wouldn't want to rock the boat as he is out of our lives and want to keep it that way.

ferriswheel Tue 13-Feb-18 11:53:17

Yeah but if he is hiding money then depending on your own circumstance it might be worth it.

BeautyGoesToBenidorm Tue 13-Feb-18 13:32:32

Isn't it quite hard to prove that they're hiding money, though?

It's such a ridiculous system.

Dancingfairy Tue 13-Feb-18 13:46:33

No he's violent so don't want to create any drama. Took a lot of courage to go to the Cms to begin with, was abit disappointed when it came back as less than £7 a week.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: