Talk

Advanced search

To not understand when a relationship is more than friends?

(7 Posts)
princesswonderful Tue 13-Feb-18 00:01:22

I hear lots of times that friendships between men and woman often lead to something else. I have lots of male friends - some more "friendly" than others - what are the signs it's turning into something else?

Dancingfairy Tue 13-Feb-18 00:48:32

When you have sex?

KC225 Tue 13-Feb-18 01:28:30

Physical - or tingles in the nether regions could be a sign you want it to get physical

DSHathawayGivesMeFannyGallops Tue 13-Feb-18 02:00:06

Do you mean relationship potential or something you think is purely sexual/curiosity/fling at best? Very different presentations, quite often...

PleaseDontGoadTheToad Tue 13-Feb-18 02:01:50

In mine and my DP's case it was when we unexpectedly ended up in bed together.

KanielOutis Tue 13-Feb-18 07:17:12

DH was a friend for ten years before we were together. Never a hint of anything between us. The first time I saw him after I separated from first DH, we were in bed before the day was out. It was like the stars had aligned and suddenly it all made sense.

NaiceBiscuits Tue 13-Feb-18 07:35:07

We were friends for quite a while with me having no feelings for him, just got along like I do with my female friends. Then there was this moment when he said something (not to me or about me; we were chatting with other friends and it was a general comment) that meant I saw him a bit differently. But I put it to one side because, hey, we were just friends.

Some months later we were sat with others doing an activity, and I realised that he was gently flirting with me, and that I liked it. It took two more weeks before we got together.

But because we were both worried about messing up the friendship, we spent that last week talking through anything that could be a dealbreaker, being vulnerable with each other about important things. And now we're getting married grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: